Before there were antibiotics ....

TC wont like it as he produces grains but they are killing us.

Sorry mate, but I feel a way lot better when I leave out the grain based products and stick with fresh meat and veg/salad.

Most grain produced in the world these days is already fed to animals for meat, eggs and dairy. If the diet you're talking about took off, then more grain would be needed as there is a substantial loss in the conversion from grain to animal protein. The old "Takes 7 tonnes of grain to produce 1 tonnes of beef" story. Bring it on.

See ya's.

We are not hardwired for processed food, grains & sugar on mass.

We are hardwired for meat and colourful leafy veges, a few nuts, yams, and berries and some fruit.

Not mobs and mobs of grain based products that you put sugar on to make it taste nice.
Or, instead of "mobs and mobs" of bread with sugar, try eating a smaller amount of wholegrain bread or brown rice (without sugar), with equal amounts of vegies, and only a little meat, supplemented by some fruit and nuts and dairy.

Sometimes I think the problem isn't so much what we eat, but that we're eating too much of it.

And there's not enough evidence of paleolithic diets (or any diet before recorded history) to call any diet "paleo". Maybe it should be renamed the "no-grains" diet, although that won't be as sexy.

Back