Below The Line

Sim

Administrator
Not sure if this has already been mentioned - but there is an awesome website which helps you order your preference votes for the senate called Below The Line.

For anyone considering voting "below the line" in the senate (which I think you should - to make sure your preferences are YOUR preferences!) ... Below The Line is a fantastic tool which allows you to order your senate preferences in an easy drag-and-drop list and then print a PDF to take with you so you can just copy the numbers into the boxes when you vote - save heaps of time!

Now my 110 preferences for the NSW senate ( :rolleyes: ) will be easy to number! Just have to remember to take the sheet with me!

EDIT: no need to worry about forgetting the print-out ... the URL they give you when you save it works really well on a mobile device! Just need to make sure it is bookmarked and I'm ready to go tomorrow!

... and if you are wondering what happens to your preferences if you vote above the line ... the AEC has group voting tickets for each state on their website which show you exactly where preferences are going to go.

Here is NSW: http://www.aec.gov.au/election/nsw/files/nsw-gvt.pdf

It's worth looking at.

Even if you don't care so much who gets in to the senate - I'm sure there are people or parties you definitely do NOT want to get in ... so make sure your vote doesn't accidentally get them elected - at least check it before you vote above the line!

Back