Biggest day of my life tomorrow

Good luck Michael!

My wife's due with our first this coming Tuesday, so I know the sense of anticipation/fear you're feeling... fingers crossed all round!

r

Hi Michael,

Oh God, my eyes are welling up just remembering our experience. Good luck to you & your wife Michael, may you never forget this special moment.

Cheers

Jared

All the best, Kay and Michael (note, I got the order right... ;^) We KNOW who is the star of this show - go, Kay - We're thinking of you,

Regards,

congrads Michael

It was 13years ago I was in the same position, the time goes very quickly. Today I have a teenage daughter, yesterday she was 12.

Hope that house of yours is big enough for a few more, in the near future.

cheers
quoll

ps don't forget to see the doctor once you have enough dependants otherwise you may get more than you bargained for!:D

gosh!

It's a regular population explosion!

I wonder if everyone's now said... ooh, market's stopped going up, can't buy any more, let's have dependents!

hehe

asy :D

Dear All

On behalf on Michael & Kay I am proud to announce the arrival of Aden, as planned around 7am by C Section.

Even a week early, he is a healthy 51cm and 8 pound and 5.5 ounces of chubby little boy according to Dad.

Kaye is well and Michael living on adrenalin from our short chat.

Great News, Peter 147. :)

Last edited:
Congratulations Kaye and Michael!

Now nights full of
bwaaah.gif

Well done, Kay !!!! That's a GOOD birth weight (which seems to translate into LESS "BwaaaH" nights IMHO).

My two were even heavier than Aden at birth, and sleepless nights lasted a VERY short time (two weeks??) I heard horror stories from other young Dads where "Bwaaahh" went on for 6 - 12 months (birth weights around 6lb to 7lb)

I remember my second son, in the hospital (one day after being born) lifting himself up on his arms, head up, and looking around - just checking it all out. He was heavier than his older brother (was it 9.5 lb at birth?). Older brother was just short of 9lb. We had 2 month old's from Day 1 !!!

Anyway, Michael, congrats to you and Kay - sounds like life is about to begin for the two of you - and it's all good (except for when it's not...) ;) But those bad bits are FAR outweighed by the good bits - ENJOY !!!!!

Regards,

Off Topic

Is that you Glebe - I nearly didn't recognise you. Does the change in avatar mean a new direction or attained wisdom???

Cheers
Bawley

WOOHOO!!

Congrats Kay, Michael and Aden!!!

Hey, Les, are you sure your kids were 9 pounders? I've seen Trixy, and I reckon 9lb hanging out front would darn near tip her over... hehe

Don't forget photos Michael!

asy :D

Well done guys and hope it all continues to go well.
I really like the name Aden BTW. Very cool :cool:
Crossing my fingers that he sleeps 8 hrs a night from 2 wks for you :D

Hiya!

Congrats to Michael, Kaye and little Aden =)

Just remember what happened in Kiyosaki's Cashflow board game when ya had kids tho... j/k ;)

Hi Guys,

First of all, THANK YOU so much for all the fantastic well wishes. Just reading through the last couple of pages since my last post. What an awesome little community Somersoft is!!

A special thanks to Peter and Anne for posting the details of little Aden and for coming in and seeing us at Mona Vale Hosp. You guys are unreal, and I can't wait to visit you both when your little girl enters this big scary world.

Little Aden and Mum are doing fine. Today's their last day in hospital so I'll take tomorrow off to help Kay home and get her settled. Kay's a natural! Even the night before we went into hospital she said "I don't feel at all maternal", then along comes little Aden and suddenly he is her entire universe... I'm relegated to "I think its time to change him, then bring him over for another feed", but I wouldn't change it for quids. I'm still on cloud 9 and can't wipe this big cheesy grin off my face. I even got a little bit emotional just reading all the great posts in this thread.

I've taken heaps of photos, but left the camera at the hospital by mistake (Sorry Asy!). But, I promise to get some uploaded and post them here in the next couple of days. I expect all those other expectant parents out there who posted on this thread to do likewise!

For those contemplating leaving the DINK ranks, I can highly recommend it. He's only 4 days old and already I feel like Superman and am ready to jump tall buildings in his name.

Life is too good for words! :D

Cheers,
Michael.

Dear Michael

Congratulations to yourself & Kay on the recent arrival of little Aden, you are indeed very lucky to have a beautiful healthy baby boy and all the best as you all start this new adventure with your new little family.

Best Wishes

Corsa

Back