Bosch Vs Smeg vs Miele

Wondering if people were choosing to build apartments in a blue chip suburb, whats the best brand or best bang for buck, for the oven/dishwasher etc.

Ive just had a chat with a few people, most people say Bosch would be the best for buck, whilst retaining the prestigious brand,

and I think they also said Miele was basically the best brand if price is no objective,

comments very appreciated

I am putting Miele in mine. Miele offer good pricing for developers right now and they are universally highly acclaimed - so it is a no brainer. Bosch would turn off my type of buyers. Smeg is OK but not for high end. Gaggenau is another brand that is becoming more mainstream as they are offering good incentives for developers.

Wondering if people were choosing to build apartments in a blue chip suburb, whats the best brand or best bang for buck, for the oven/dishwasher etc.

Ive just had a chat with a few people, most people say Bosch would be the best for buck, whilst retaining the prestigious brand,

and I think they also said Miele was basically the best brand if price is no objective,

How high is blue chip?
I think Miele is the best of the lot. But I don't even have that for myself :)
Go induction for hotplate if you can (not all saucepans can use it but it's be the bees knees)

Do you really think a tenant cares whether its westinghouse of Miele?
Will they pay you any extra in rent?
All they care about is that it looks the business and works.

Do you really think a tenant cares whether its westinghouse of Miele?
Will they pay you any extra in rent?
All they care about is that it looks the business and works.

youd be surprised,

depending on the mmarket, they wont pay extra for a miele, but will refuse to pay market for a smeg or even bosch

I am putting Miele in mine. Miele offer good pricing for developers right now and they are universally highly acclaimed - so it is a no brainer. Bosch would turn off my type of buyers. Smeg is OK but not for high end. Gaggenau is another brand that is becoming more mainstream as they are offering good incentives for developers.

didnt know gaggenau made dishwashers and ovens,

you see them heaps in the coffee machine market, every serious cafe doing 20kg plus per week would have them when i was consulting

ps. How did you find out that developers are being offered incentives for miele now?

high end market - are that for a reason. have loads of money, so can be choosey about EVERYTHING.

not only that but you get a load of new money wannabees just trying to strive for that level and they are seriously painful to deal with. they think their few bucks they put together is all the money in the world and they are the only ones that ever made a dollar or two and they expect everything

I've got a live one atm wanting a new upright oven - even provided the comparative pricing for gagg , smeg & Ilve replacements for the clapped out 900 mm unit.

So yes they know what they want.

I would probably say Bosch but Smeg or Miele are equally good. They have various ranges ie for builders or one offs etc so choose carefully.

not only that but you get a load of new money wannabees just trying to strive for that level and they are seriously painful to deal with. they think their few bucks they put together is all the money in the world and they are the only ones that ever made a dollar or two and they expect everything

haha, sounds like you are referring to an entire generation

one that comes in between X and Z:D

We have a full SMEG kitchen: Oven, cooktop, rangehood, dishwasher, microwave, and refrigerator.

Is all very functional, and looks good.

pinkboy

Your answer will depend on what you intend on doing with the property.

If you intend on selling and are just going for the name, then all three will suffice.

If however you are planning on keeping them to rent, then that’s an entirely different answer.
I've just gone through the process of updating our dishwasher. I came from an $1800 SMEG that lasted less than 5 years. I had the repair man out 3 times over that period and eventually deduced that is was the biggest piece of garbage going. It never washed dishes well and when it died last week, the repair man told me it wasn’t worth the $350 to fix the element as it will most likely fail again soon. The only thing it had going was it was quite (39db) which will make a difference to your tenants happiness (esp in an apartment where to kitchen is near the TV).
Meile is a great brand and still comes with a 5 warranty however you will pay for it (quite a lot) over the better quality and better value Bosch.

We decided on a Bosch in the end as it has by far the best users ratings www.productreview.com.au and outlasted all the brands (incl Meile on life and everyday use). Don’t get sucked into the whole “manufactured in Europe” hype either as SMEG are made in Italy and that made no difference! Ducati’s are also made in Italy and like SMEG they look very pretty but you’ll spend more time fixing them than you do using them (reminds me of an Italian girl I used to date come to think of it)....:D
Bosch on the other hand is made in Germany and is built with Germany quality.

The only other suggestion I would make is if you do go for Bosch / Meile pay a little extra and go for the quieter models as this will be the one thing that a tenant will complain about.

cheers
B.D

haha, sounds like you are referring to an entire generation

one that comes in between X and Z:D
But Y can't I be paid more than my boss who has more experience than me?
But Y can't I have that "insert latest life changing gadget here" on credit?
But Y can't I live at home, mooch off the parents and park my Audi in dad's spot each night?
Buy Y can't I come in an midday after a night out and leave again at 3..

But Y can't I live at home, mooch off the parents and park my Audi in dad's spot each night?

dont forget

- Why can I not get the payrise I deserve, ive been here for 8 months and have worked very hard!
- What do you mean I cant land a job straight out of uni on $100k bossing people around who are 50years old getting paid $60k,
- What do you mean, that I have to pay high interest on my credit card because I didnt pay it all back
- What do you mean I cannot afford a 3bdr home in a bluechip area at 25? not fair, the banks suck

i think they are all over rated. I paid way more for a smeg microwave over the panasonic and it really is useless and poor quality. I just replaced our lagermania oven, again wasnt worth fixing, the most expensive 70kg of poor designed italiano junk ever.

in summary they are all pretty terrible so buy everyday brands at good prices if you want servicabiltiy. if you are sellign you may want to impress the buyers so get the flashiest brand name you can for the $.

dont forget

- Why can I not get the payrise I deserve, ive been here for 8 months and have worked very hard!
- What do you mean I cant land a job straight out of uni on $100k bossing people around who are 50years old getting paid $60k,
- What do you mean, that I have to pay high interest on my credit card because I didnt pay it all back
- What do you mean I cannot afford a 3bdr home in a bluechip area at 25? not fair, the banks suck

Gee you guys are pretty hot on the Gen Y's huh?

There is the slim pickings of us who buck the trend!:p

pinkboy....

Back