Brisbane DCP.Is Brisbane City Plan Wrong?

Just doing some DD on a property and looking if the house falls under the Brisbane DCP.

According to Brisbane maps it shows it is protected but looking at the house it looks like it was built after 1946 and resembles more of a commission style house.
Has anyone found that the information provided by Brisbane city plan to be wrong?

Our whole street was DCP under the old plan (AFAIK) but we could have knocked our house down as it is post 1946. I believe the new plan has changed and we may no longer be called DCP, but something like Character Residential.

We have IPs in streets that were DCP but it comes down to when the house was built (my understanding).

Darryl RPI from the forum will set you straight. Drop him a message.

Our whole street was DCP under the old plan (AFAIK) but we could have knocked our house down as it is post 1946. I believe the new plan has changed and we may no longer be called DCP, but something like Character Residential.

We have IPs in streets that were DCP but it comes down to when the house was built (my understanding).

Thanks Wylie... I think it is called local character significance. I will get in touch with him.
cheers

This is my understanding also. If the property is post 1946 (regardless of being in a DCP area), removal of the property will generally be exempt from requiring council approval.

Head to http://olr13.brisbane.qld.gov.au/website/MN_CP/index.htm. Insert the address or lot on plan of the property then go to the menu on the left to change the aerial photography to be 1946. If your house is there, you will require approval to demolish it.

The above is my general understanding only. I look forward to seeing what RPI or similar has to say.

This is my understanding also. If the property is post 1946 (regardless of being in a DCP area), removal of the property will generally be exempt from requiring council approval.

Head to http://olr13.brisbane.qld.gov.au/website/MN_CP/index.htm. Insert the address or lot on plan of the property then go to the menu on the left to change the aerial photography to be 1946. If your house is there, you will require approval to demolish it.

The above is my general understanding only. I look forward to seeing what RPI or similar has to say.

Almost.

http://cityplan2014maps.brisbane.qld.gov.au/CityPlan/

If you go to the overlays, have a look at traditional building character overlay, if you block is not in it then doesn't matter if it was built after 1911. If in TBCO then you need to make sure not in the 46 aerial shot.

Thanks RPI

I will email your office to find out some info about this and a few other questions about maximizing the site potential. I have most of the DD files but need to clarify a couple of things.

Cheers

Looks like the house can be removed. I just followed what RPI mentioned.
It shows up in the traditional building character overlay but doesn't show in the 1946 aerial shot.
Cheers

Back