Brisbane Investment with 40K, possible??

Hi,
Need some investment property advise from the experts here. we bought a property in brisbane in 2013 and have 40k in bank right now which we believe will go around 60k at the end of 2014. we are expecting to save 50k/year. we have 2 plans, either buy a bigger property in 2 years and rent the existing one. 2nd option is buying a investment property around 350000 with sub divide option, rent it and then sell it after 3/4 years and buy a bigger one with that.

which one is better plan?

Is it possible to buy around 350000 in beenleigh, logan? how much capital growth should i expect?

I knoeledge is very limited in property market so any sortof advise would be highly appreciated

$350k will get you houses in areas of Logan, Ipswich and Moreton Bay.

Logan: Most areas south of the Pacific Motorway, starting from the low 200s around Woodridge and Logan Central.

Ipswich: Most areas of Ipswich have houses under $350k, although many areas around Brassall, Bundamba, Collingwood Park, Goodna and Redbank Plains are flood prone or in subsidence areas.

Moreton Bay and northern end of Brisbane LGA: Kippa-Ring, Deception Bay, Kallangur, Petrie, Bald Hills, Zillmere, Carseldine, Bracken Ridge.

Super close to town, amazing transport, nice area; restaurants etc.

Nice people too :p:D.

Cheapest townhouse in Coorparoo is "over $400K" and next one is $479K then $499K and next one is under contract and was listed "from $610K".

I don't think you'll get a townhouse in Coorparoo for that price but if you tick surrounding area you will find some "mid $300K buyers" in Mt Gravatt East, Carina Heights, Holland Park.

Some of them look pretty nice too.

Nice people too :p:D.

Cheapest townhouse in Coorparoo is "over $400K" and next one is $479K then $499K and next one is under contract and was listed "from $610K".

I don't think you'll get a townhouse in Coorparoo for that price but if you tick surrounding area you will find some "mid $300K buyers" in Mt Gravatt East, Carina Heights, Holland Park.

Some of them look pretty nice too.

Sorry I meant apartment, not townhouse. Apartment you can absolutely find in that price range! I have chosen not to buy there because I have a bigger budget and would prefer to buy elsewhere, but if that was my budget it would probably be #1 on my list.

Thanks for the info. But i would prefer to buy house rather than unit. Logan central,Ipswich and Toowoomba are my preferred locations where i believe i would be able to buy a property below 300K. How much capital growth i can expect from those location? am i planning it wrong way??!!:confused:

Thanks for the info. But i would prefer to buy house rather than unit. Logan central,Ipswich and Toowoomba are my preferred locations where i believe i would be able to buy a property below 300K. How much capital growth i can expect from those location? am i planning it wrong way??!!:confused:

A unit and definitely a townhouse will be worth more in an inner suburb in the long run than the citys lowest socio economic suburbs

Buying a house is the right idea but it has to be in a decent area. Simply buying in the lowest suburb may have worked in Sydney but that was set to burst. Brisbane is nowhere near that stage. Neither is melbourne, that's why you can buy places 20k from the city (in melbourne) for 280 - 350.

judging by the RE ad with strata and water rates it looks like you would be -$3K a year min? strata $50 p/w and water $50 p/w

Note: this is on a $180K townhouse rent $300pw in Woodville

or am i way off on my figures?

is there any capital gain to be had with these?

Bundamba sell or hold on.

People, i have an investment in Bundamba which is 4 by 2 purchased $370,000 now worth $315,000.

I have it on the market but cant sell it at the moment. We are thinking of moving over seas and wondering if anyone knows what the forecast for the area is.
Is it going to be worth 415 K in 7 years?

beenleigh and logan are the worst suburbs in Brisbane south in terms of social economical status.

But they also have some of the best yields.

Some houses in Logan area returning 7%, where else can you find that kind of yield. It costs nothing to hold and even makes you money depending on your loan setup.

If it's townhouses instead of houses, you can get 8% if you buy well. But the strata eats into that.

Depends why you're buying in the end - if you want a growth property or a yield property. Good to have a mix so you can afford to keep buying more.

Capital growth can't be guaranteed, it's just more likely in some suburbs than others but you never know. People said Western Sydney wouldn't get capital growth and it was only a yield area, look what happened next.

Be careful if you buy property that is too much negatively geared if it will affect your serviceability getting a loan to buy the next one, and it can eat your cashflow. If you have high income though, fine but even then still good to have some cashflow.

Check with your broker is a good idea - find out what is going to hold you up buying more in the long run if it's equity or income/serviceability.

Capital growth can't be guaranteed, it's just more likely in some suburbs than others but you never know. People said Western Sydney wouldn't get capital growth and it was only a yield area, look what happened next.

Be careful if you buy property that is too much negatively geared if it will affect your serviceability getting a loan to buy the next one, and it can eat your cashflow. If you have high income though, fine but even then still good to have some cashflow.

Check with your broker is a good idea - find out what is going to hold you up buying more in the long run if it's equity or income/serviceability.

Western Sydney didn't grow by magic

Assuming that Logan will grow because western Sydney did is dangerous

Both city's have natural boundaries which puts a cap on the supply of land. However brisbanes population is not yet big enough to force people to buy into Logan etc and push up the prices. Plenty of other affordable options

Look at melbourne, it has the population but no real constraint on land in the north and west. You can still buy houses for under 300k , 20 - 30k from the city

Back