Brisbane suburbs?

gargi

you block is a 300m min 7.5m splitter. small water issue in backyatd but won't stop subdivision.

great spot too

Hi guys,

I will be flying down to Brisbane in a couple of weeks to check out some suburbs in invest in. My price range is between $400k-$600k and will be holding for the long term. Would prefer houses, however I don't mind units and townhouses in small complexes. People seem to be talking up the northern suburbs such as Chermside, Zillmere, Nundah and Everton Park which all seem to be in my price range.

I would appreciate peoples thoughts with which suburbs I should visit just so I can narrow down my search as I will only be in Brisbane for three days.

Cheers :)

Personally I would look at 5-10km radius. The stuff within 5km seems a bit high priced, or if its cheaper a bit old and would need reno.

For buy n hold as you want, you would most prob get townhouses [ new or fairly new] with little/no maintennance 5-10km. You could also get houses on large blocks of land for the 400-600k you have, but they would likely need reno.

5-10km any side of the city is fairly good. Some of the northern ones like stafford etc as mentioned above would do, as would kenmores in the west as well as carina/carindale in east.

Hey strongy, what suburbs would you consider in Brissie that meets that criteria (<8km from CBD, 600sqm, $500-600k)?

I would say anything in the south east pocket near bulimba

Just throw a dart on inner Brisbane and you should do pretty well. There isn't any particularly bad inner areas unlike other cities

Definitely walking distance

Does it include all NC, DC1, DC2, MC, PC1 & PC2 zones?

Also, 200m walking distance - can this also mean through laneways thats not listed on google maps as being a walkable route? By laneways I mean those small public alleyways between 2 properties you often find joining a cul-de-sac and a main road

Thanks!

Personally I like Wynnum West, have a property there for the last 14 years with no problems. The suburb is more affordable than Manly or Wynnum but close enough to surrounding amenities, why go for the more expensive unless you have a different investment strategy?
It may be similar in comparison to Sydney's surrounding suburbs which eventually catch up or increase in price when people no longer can afford the most expansive (e.g. Balmain, Lilyfield, etc.. now expansive so Leichhardt and the surrounding suburbs eventually increase in price - similar strategy adopted where the variance in price in surrounding suburb may differ by $100K). Similarly Manly is expansive so now Manly West just 3kms away keeps rising in value.... Perhaps that may be the way to go???

Does it include all NC, DC1, DC2, MC, PC1 & PC2 zones?

Also, 200m walking distance - can this also mean through laneways thats not listed on google maps as being a walkable route? By laneways I mean those small public alleyways between 2 properties you often find joining a cul-de-sac and a main road

Thanks!

Yes it does.

Needs to be a legal right of way, so laneway yes.

Back