Brisbane - west end or south bank

Looking into my first ip, and was attracted to west end especially, but very few established units 2bedrooms to buy. A lot of off plan being sold lately, any thoughts on this area and the risk of buying off plan, given lack of supply currently? Thinking of long term capital appreciation(10 to 15 years)
The other area south bank seems lower priced and has more supply. Any Brisbane investors/brisbaners have any thoughts to share or any other areas that I should be looking at? Budget $550k

Many thanks!

Hi

I quite like Kangaroo Point for this sort of thing, as in right on the pennisula part, not the other side of shafston ave, as the land for future development is very limited.

Same goes for right on Southbank.

West End has too much future supply IMHO.

The block properties (with views of the city) just sold for over million each . Surely Brisbane inner city apartments (now $450) will have to grow in value over the next few years?

Jenko, surely you realise the prices paid for the apartments on the block are driven by morons with big egos and too much money.

Hiwever, I think there is heaps of value in land in Brisbane.

Compare it to Melbourne and its less than half the price , maybe even a third. The incomes are about 15 % lower but I still think its dirt cheap .

Even regional cities in Queensland make Brisbane look cheap which is plain wrong

Jenko, surely you realise the prices paid for the apartments on the block are driven by morons with big egos and too much money.
Yeah I'm gullible......but not gullible.. Haha
Brisbane inner city apartments have got so much potential to move...

Back