Broome and Derby future

Can anyone further my knowledge on these 2 markets. Both seem to have some real positives particularly for positive geared properties.

Broome has high rents already but i wonder if there is more room to move in the future with tourism and particularly the exploratory woodside project there.

Derby has ridiculously high rents now up to 12% gross and ive been looking at twin key furnished units but wondering how short term this type of accomodation will be.

Thanks in advance. :)

Broome

I have an IP in Broome. Derby has had the increase in prices due to the prison and the detention centre. Friends have brought a property there recently for the rental return.

My property in Broome does not give as good a return but the town is bigger and has more scope for growth. The market has been pretty flat there for a while but I am noticing there are not a lot of properties for rent (compared to those for sale).

Broome has a good lifestyle and does attract some mineworkers who fly out from there. In addition there are govt agencies that need to house their staff (although they are sometimes now buying).

This is a bit late (I've only just joined) so you may have moved on??

Back