Building Contracts - itemised?

For those that have complete developments through a small size builder - Did you get an itemised quote?

Ideally there are things I would like to get done by myself or a preferred contractor, such as the following:

Fencing
Landscaping
Paving
Insulation
Flooring
Painting

Is it normal for the builder to split these out? Or itemise the development costs? I am in Perth, WA.

I am aware that without them in the building contract, they will not be able to be financed. That is OK.

For those that have complete developments through a small size builder - Did you get an itemised quote?

Ideally there are things I would like to get done by myself or a preferred contractor, such as the following:

Fencing
Landscaping
Paving
Insulation
Flooring
Painting

Is it normal for the builder to split these out? Or itemise the development costs? I am in Perth, WA.

I am aware that without them in the building contract, they will not be able to be financed. That is OK.

Yes quite normal for all except insulation. This is most likely non negotiable as the builder has to ensure the property meets 6 BER stars and they are the ones responsible for this. I doubt they would let you organise it yourself in case it did not comply with what was promised to Council which the builder is liable for.

Air con is the other thing you can usually get itemised too

Yes quite normal for all except insulation. This is most likely non negotiable as the builder has to ensure the property meets 6 BER stars and they are the ones responsible for this. I doubt they would let you organise it yourself in case it did not comply with what was promised to Council which the builder is liable for.

Air con is the other thing you can usually get itemised too

Hi WM, That is what I would prefer to be split out at a minimum. Would a builder generally split out more items?

I understand about the insulation, however my planner told me the builder will split it out, so I thought I can certainly get a preferred contractor to install it without the builders margin.

Air con is a good idea. However I am a little worried it might be stolen whilst building. And then I am out of pocket as there is no insurance for the items I provide/organise myself.

I can ask my builder. I will let you know what they say.

Thanks Perthguy.

The trouble with insulation these days is that it's not just one thing. To acheive 6 BERS there is usually a foil backed product in the brick wall cavity, roof insulation batt insulaton and roof foil backed sarking. Really the only thing you can do is the batt insulation as the rest is done whilst the brick walls are being constructed and the roof is going on

Itemised on mine
- stone bench tops
- window treatments (blinds)
- carpets
- floor tiling to living areas
- painting
- skirting
- brick paving
- air con
- alarm system
- retic and landscaping
- digital tv antenna
- fencing

The trouble with insulation these days is that it's not just one thing. To acheive 6 BERS there is usually a foil backed product in the brick wall cavity, roof insulation batt insulaton and roof foil backed sarking. Really the only thing you can do is the batt insulation as the rest is done whilst the brick walls are being constructed and the roof is going on

Itemised on mine
- stone bench tops
- window treatments (blinds)
- carpets
- floor tiling to living areas
- painting
- skirting
- brick paving
- air con
- alarm system
- retic and landscaping
- digital tv antenna
- fencing
Thanks WM. The planner mentioned cavity insulation, so it's a little ambiguous. I am having a meeting with them this week to clear this up.

Back