Building union to take on Rudd over IR

I would think it would take business attention away from running their operation in an efficient and effective way to defending their right to receive adequate profit for the risks involved in keeping a business afloat.

Australia has voted...and Kevin Rudd is the new Prime Minister. Let's see if him and his wonderful team of talkers can respond to unions that have a history of getting what they want from Labour governments

Even though I am a PAYG employee, I feel that if I am happy with my income\effort ratio I have no right to claim part of my employers profit....what risk am I taking by working for them??? Bugger all I reckon.....What risk do they take by taking on work, building and expanding a premisis, employing people in an environment when it is tough to find the right people? Probably more than I will ever understand.

Glenn

well, it was only going to be a matter of time before the CFMEU started.

They don' need any encouragement :rolleyes:

It will be interesting to see how this initial verbal posturing plays out. I am never convinced when politicians from either side mention that the full weight of the law will come down on recalcitrant unions (or employers for that matter).

If you need the courts to intervene, surely you don't have an effective and functioning IR system.

Let me get this straight. The unions want workchoices scrapped, but their response to the new government chaning the workplace laws is to strike?

It's good to be self employed...

well, it was only going to be a matter of time before the CFMEU started.

In Victoria, the Monday after the election was an RDO, on Tuesday it started. Concrete pours have been stopped with unionists chaining themselves to gates, organisers illegally entering sites and refusing to leave......who knows what is next.

Tools

This will only be the start,acting PM Julia Gillard thinks she alone can control the most Militant union in Australia the CFMEU,They want to restore all site allowances,26 Fixed Rdo's,and all overtime conditions that they have lost under the previous Government,the bottom line is if they start the strikes which will happen, how much in Dollar terms will this add to any
large building projects in any part of this Country,i just can't see how Julia can inforce a zero-tolerance policy when it's members are already prepared to go into the slammer to defend their working rights..
..Mark my words the unions will use Gillard as their doormat..
..willair..

Back