Built in Robes

Yes there are the ones I got... the taller size, and the wider depth.

Just curious, were they easy enough to put together?

I did a Lillangen bathroom cabinet a couple of weeks ago and that was easy peasy.

I was hoping the wardrobe would be the same except i'd be working with a bigger item.

What impressed me with these are that they're not flimsy.

We probably treat things a bit rough around here so heavy duty is important :cool:.

I didn't like any of the wardrobe options shops supplied. My house is a cottage/queenslander so I didn't want something ultra modern. Plus in my opinion ikea sells over priced flimsy crap... I really... really hate Ikea.

Anyway after searching high and low and even being willing to spend up to $5000 I gave up and just built my own walk in wardrobe.

I just got hardwood timber slabs from bunnings, and flat pack kitchen cupboards as they were a million times more solid than anything sold for wardrobes.

The attached picture shows half of the wardrobe, it's similar on the other side and the back wall of the wardrobe has a full length mirror. All draws are soft close, and everything is very solid. Plus the hardwood construction fits in well with the colonial feel of the house.

It cost me about $1200 all up. So a fraction of what shops were charging for their chip board crap.

Attachments

• wardrobe.jpg
    wardrobe.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 183
Anyway after searching high and low and even being willing to spend up to $5000 I gave up and just built my own walk in wardrobe.
Nice work Tim. None of those drawers would align if I did it :p

Looks like your partner is letting you share the space.. I got kicked out after few months :rolleyes:

Nice work Tim. None of those drawers would align if I did it :p

Looks like your partner is letting you share the space.. I got kicked out after few months :rolleyes:

lol yeah I get about 5% of the space right now :p

There is another 2.2m hanging rail on the other wall as well which my wife manages to fill up with clothes too. I think she took the originally empty storage space as a challenge to fill by going on multiple shopping sprees... gotta love it :p

Thanks DaveM. I'll look into this company. Re: Impressive Wardrobes, i read some not so savoury reviews on Google Reviews the other day

Thanks DaveM. I'll look into this company. Re: Impressive Wardrobes, i read some not so savoury reviews on Google Reviews the other day

I had a not so good experience too. Went to their showroom, chose the wardrobe and they said someone would come in to measure and quote in 2 days. A week later, no one turned up. After calling 3-4 times, one of the rudest tradie comes in (had all the tradesmen traits we dread) and measured and gave a quote. All our customization and suggestions were ignored. Needless to say, we did not go with them.

Used these guys : http://www.moderndesignwardrobes.com/ for my PPOR and IP. Lot better and reliable (I dealt with Chadi there). I paid around $1200 for two standard 2 door built-ins for the IP and $1400 for two oversized built-ins for PPOR (one of them three door). All mirrored doors.

We didn't like the all plain mirror look for our home but still liked the idea of not having a separate mirror. It also makes the room bigger and brighter. Kids also love to dance in front of it.
I have attached two photos of slightly fancier version of mirror. We put the red one for the bed room and the other plain 'shaded' one for all other rooms.
It was done by ALL IMPRESSIVE WARD
back in 2009. It did costed slightly more than others but it was worth it in our opinion.

Sorry, but the red one looks ugly :(

Sorry, but the red one looks ugly :(
How dare you? :mad: I know where you live!

Just kidding :D

It is a large room. We needed something to break the 'boring' feel. I don't remember them having any other better colour at that time. I think they had the lime green, yellow & purple. We wanted more of an 'active' colour and we both don't mind red. If we ever sell this property then most likely it will be bought by an eastern cultured family. They always like red!

I didn't like any of the wardrobe options shops supplied. My house is a cottage/queenslander so I didn't want something ultra modern. Plus in my opinion ikea sells over priced flimsy crap... I really... really hate Ikea.

I just got hardwood timber slabs from bunnings, and flat pack kitchen cupboards as they were a million times more solid than anything sold for wardrobes.

The attached picture shows half of the wardrobe, it's similar on the other side and the back wall of the wardrobe has a full length mirror. All draws are soft close, and everything is very solid. Plus the hardwood construction fits in well with the colonial feel of the house.

It cost me about $1200 all up. So a fraction of what shops were charging for their chip board crap.
Great job Tim86. That's thinking outside the square, ... well done.

Mystery

Back