Bunnings or Ikea Kitchen?

this testimonial and advertisment brought to you by bunnings
beedingt beedingt thats all folks

Very poor form and unwarrented accusation! well at least you know what your dealing with its this sort of stuff by mom and pop kitchen mobs and spreading missinformation about other inferior products that is really gets my nickers in a knot. my post is about a legit experiance with my recent renovation I will post pics when i get home this arvo. unlike the other bogus thread about your company from someone who joined the forum very recently and only has 2 posts to their credit.

the 20-30% cheaper bunnings i have posted also seems to be the same experiance the thread starter is having.

beedingt beedingt thats all folks!

Very poor form and unwarrented accusation! well at least you know what your dealing with its this sort of stuff by mom and pop kitchen mobs and spreading missinformation about other inferior products that is really gets my nickers in a knot. my post is about a legit experiance with my recent renovation I will post pics when i get home this arvo. unlike the other bogus thread about your company from someone who joined the forum very recently and only has 2 posts to their credit.

the 20-30% cheaper bunnings i have posted also seems to be the same experiance the thread starter is having.

beedingt beedingt thats all folks!

some people think that cabbage is sweet ,some think that its bitter .
same product different tastes

for those that are interested here are some pics of a bunnings flatpack gloss white protective plastic is still attached. cabs come in at a little over 4k next closest bid had close to 6k and running as high as 12k with 2m cabs vs 2.2, diyers can save themselves some money by building a studded wall at the end of their fridge cabs instead of forking out for the end panel that we have discovered can run in up to 470bucks looks more professional to imo.

ps. didnt have to order or wait for anything everything was always in stock there ready for me when i wanted it even the corner pantry.

Attachments

• 2012-03-18 16.52.32.jpg
    2012-03-18 16.52.32.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,767
  • 2012-03-19 13.57.25.jpg
    2012-03-19 13.57.25.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,243
^^^^
looks very nice, which components are actually from Bunnings??
Or did you buy the nice ones from them?

Im going to be using the cheap $750 one from them,

and was thinking about putting something on the benchtop to make it look better and last more then 20mins without scratching

^^^^
looks very nice, which components are actually from Bunnings??
Or did you buy the nice ones from them?

Im going to be using the cheap $750 one from them,

and was thinking about putting something on the benchtop to make it look better and last more then 20mins without scratching

all cabinets, doors, panels and kickboards are the bunnings flatpax, cant comment on the 750 special though it may not be flatpax as someone else has mentioned. goodluck

unlike the other bogus thread about your company from someone who joined the forum very recently and only has 2 posts to their credit.

im sparticus
Slow down buddy! I have obviously stumbled into something you feel passionate about.

To introduce myself -
I am a new registered user of this forum and I had made 2 posts. (this is my 3rd). I am actually new to forums in general. I have just purchased my first IP with the intend of renovating to add value, renting it and then hopefully doing it all over again soon. This is very new to me and I have a sharp learning curve ahead of me.

Amongst other things, this house needs a new kitchen and I have been doing extensive research and reading about kitchens. I found kitcheninabox.com.au and liked the concept, so I phoned them to discuss my situation as I have have reservations about doing it myself. I then posted the forum topic to get some honest feedback on this supplier.

I AM a real person, my question about kitcheninabox is a genuine question. I have many more questions and will seek advise throughout my journey and I will probably ask some silly questions too.

Please dont be so judgemental - we are real people on the other end of the keyboard. Go easy on this newbe please.

And for the record - if 'arms' is the person that I spoke to yesterday, I found him very informative and he was genuinly interested in helping me. It was a positive experience.

for those that are interested here are some pics of a bunnings flatpack gloss white protective plastic is still attached. cabs come in at a little over 4k next closest bid had close to 6k and running as high as 12k with 2m cabs vs 2.2, diyers can save themselves some money by building a studded wall at the end of their fridge cabs instead of forking out for the end panel that we have discovered can run in up to 470bucks looks more professional to imo.

ps. didnt have to order or wait for anything everything was always in stock there ready for me when i wanted it even the corner pantry.

just an observation.
the microwave is at a height that would make it a safety issue .but i suppose that the staff at bunnings would have pointed that out to you and you chose to ignore it as a small problem

just an observation.
the microwave is at a height that would make it a safety issue .but i suppose that the staff at bunnings would have pointed that out to you and you chose to ignore it as a small problem

tower has been assembled as per manufacturers instructions the mics positon is std height for all bunnings flatpax oven towers, if you think it really is a safety concern by all means get out there and lobby to get these dangerous poorly designed towers off the street and save us all from ourselves. i personally love its position and wouldnt have it anywhere else

Last edited:
im sparticus
Slow down buddy! I have obviously stumbled into something you feel passionate about.

To introduce myself -
I am a new registered user of this forum and I had made 2 posts. (this is my 3rd). I am actually new to forums in general. I have just purchased my first IP with the intend of renovating to add value, renting it and then hopefully doing it all over again soon. This is very new to me and I have a sharp learning curve ahead of me.

Amongst other things, this house needs a new kitchen and I have been doing extensive research and reading about kitchens. I found kitcheninabox.com.au and liked the concept, so I phoned them to discuss my situation as I have have reservations about doing it myself. I then posted the forum topic to get some honest feedback on this supplier.

I AM a real person, my question about kitcheninabox is a genuine question. I have many more questions and will seek advise throughout my journey and I will probably ask some silly questions too.

Please dont be so judgemental - we are real people on the other end of the keyboard. Go easy on this newbe please.

And for the record - if 'arms' is the person that I spoke to yesterday, I found him very informative and he was genuinly interested in helping me. It was a positive experience.

you sound like his wife i think you even have the same name as her;)

he might have been polite over the phone but he was quiet rude and judgmental towards me and has been very unfair towards the flatpax product from bunnings.

Hi Exotic, and ecveryone...

The builder I work for made a very good point about Bunnings, Ikea, and all similar style companies... Their kitchens are a good deal ONLY if you are a quality tradesman than can INSTALL without any problems.

In my opinion the $750 kitchen is rubbish.

I paid just over $3,000 for a "cheap" kitchen- $4,190 once I added appliances, but from a high quality tradesman - Yes I could have bought the components (probably 800 to 1,000 cheaper)... but many comments here overlook a very key asset I have which a flatpack customer does not:

If I find a flaw or quality issue of any type with this kitchen, I can call the installer to rectify the issue. You can't ring Bunnings and say "come and fix my kitchen cos I did a dodgy install beacuse I wanted to save $1,000"... Do you imagaine that bunnings will rush out to fix your dodgy install work? I don't think so Tim.

you sound like his wife i think you even have the same name as her;)

he might have been polite over the phone but he was quiet rude and judgmental towards me and has been very unfair towards the flatpax product from bunnings.

now i think you are being rude and judgemental .
yes michelle ( her real name because she told me) did ring me yesterday to ask me questions about my products and i told her my thoughts about her project honestly and fairly even described the kitchen layout to her from experience.
i get many calls from all over australia regarding flat pack kitchens and the like i treat all queries as a future or potential customers .
i have no problems with questions and after 31 years in this business know which questions to ask to cut the chaff from the hay .
i dont have a problem with the bunnings product ,they serve a market (that wait till the last minute of a project to order materials) and think 'well the other mobs must be slack by not having the product i want on their (again not there) shelfs waiting on my beck and call

if you think it really is a safety concern by all means get out there and lobby to get these dangerous poorly designed towers off the street and save us all from ourselves. i personally love its position and wouldnt have it anywhere else

sorry to tell you this but part of designing a kitchen safety concerns are paramount .
if an accident happened with a designed kitchen then by law the kitchen designer can and is held responsible for the flaw/safety risk .

memorys are priceless scars are forever

for those that are interested here are some pics of a bunnings flatpack gloss white protective plastic is still attached. cabs come in at a little over 4k next closest bid had close to 6k and running as high as 12k with..........

Hi im

Can you please tell me about the flooring used? Looks quite nice.

flooring was another cheapie this time from national tiles they are the polished porcelain nero's in 300x300 $28.95m2 they were perfectly square and flat total of 4.5m2 gap between tiles is 1.5mm grout is coloured black (very messy) spent more on the levelling compound $30@ 4.5m2 than i did on tiles, i was unlucky enough to have a high point raising at the corner pantry that was about 1cm total and had the fridge looking like it was the leaning tower of piza under the level fridge cab. it is only tiled and levelled to just past the kickboards. because the floor is raised a little over 2cm to the dinning room i used the 1/4 cirle aloy trim for the edging as i hate kicking my feet on the square edged stuff time will tell if it was a good choise havnt really seen it done before, dishwasher also ended up 1mm to tall bottom of the bench is exactly 85cm so had to remove the top panel to fit (top panel is more for those that dont have a bench running over the dishasher anyway and i think it looks better without).

Last edited:
I rekon im sparticus is a legend as im of the same view re the bunnings (and stratco is on par in my view) kitchens

I dont run a kitchen manufacturing business or have any interest in anyone elses product other than the fact i just install

once again "just install"

I call it as I see it and thats the start and end of it

Ill give you my reasons and my honest thoughts

give me your reasons and im prone to listen and take it in then chew it over as Ive learnt everything I know from others

but if you just bag it and then insinuate others views are derived from what must be kickback or the likes lowers the chances of me ever taking you seriously or your opinion

Ive got a shi_ load of before and afters and to me the pros far outweigh the cons in regard to some flatpack systems

I professionally install them so of course I will state the bleeding obvious

" I think its worth getting someone to install that is competent at them '

Ive seen a TOP END kitchen ruined by the idiots that put it in and left in a state that I wouldnt be able to sleep at knight knowing was out there

keep at it "im sparticus" as I feel some let their job or business influence their opinion just as you or I must have shares in cunnings for our view

cheers eden

:D

Last edited:
This is not a direct dig at you in any way Tom (kitchens in a box) as I feel that just your presence in online forums is a reflection of your integrity in the industry

I wont agree with you all the time but I do respect your opinion and input

cheers eden

Agree with Monty Burns!

There are many places on the web that make some very nice kitchens for under $3k. I have found this company to be good, have personally checked out their showroom and product, the quote for our u shape was $2700 and the guy was helpful.

http://www.standardcabinet.com.au/

I have an old granny flat rental and the Bunnings straight line kitchen cabinets for $750 would be okay for this. For a house with 4 bedrooms a rental with a large family i.e. lots of use, you want a set and forget kitchen, you don't want to send tradespeople out there to repair them, weigh up the initial cost with the products overall lifetime cost(s).

Just my opinion.

Ian

Back