Bushfire Threat Assessment Report

Hi all,

I am about to apply to council for a vacant block to be subdivided in Port Stephens NSW, I have been told I need an BTA report.

As this block is completely surrounded by homes with lawns etc I find this rather irritating.

Does anyone know someone who does these reports at a reasonable price, they could do it by Google as it easy to see that there is no bush around it.

Wouldnt surprise me. Ive seen protected vegetation overlays put on asphalt car parks.

Also i dont think google maps will cut it as evidence for you, although thats exactly what the government probably used to put the bushfire tag there.......

Hi Macca,

In Victorian the CFA website and State Planning Department website contain a lot of information, guides and templates for do-it-yourself assessments which are particularly suited to cases like yours where it is all very easy. Have a look as there may be a template that you can do yourself. I know in Victoria cultivated gardens are categorised as exempt so if you are surrounded by them your report is fairly easy, maybe there is something similar in NSW.

Regards,

Macca,

I use Ted Smith from Peak Land Management a fair bit. He is based in Newcastle. Fair prices and quick service.

4963 3323

Macca,

I use Ted Smith from Peak Land Management a fair bit. He is based in Newcastle. Fair prices and quick service.

4963 3323

Thanks for that Ideo as I need one too, and don't think it'll be an easy "do it yourself" jobbie :(

I use Matthew Willis in NSW. He charges $400

Matthew Willis
Grad Dip Bushfire Planning and Design
Bushfire Planning Services Pty Limited

FPAA BPAD- A Certified Practitioner
Certification Number BPD-PA 09337
Mobile 0428408577 Phone 02 96543228
A member of the A.B.A.C. group of companies

Heard good things about him too, but never used him.

Josh Calounda at ecological is worth a try as well.

Do you have any prices to compare please Ideo? I'm always lookig for any area where I can save my clients money.

Ta.

Serge

I use Matthew Willis in NSW. He charges $400

Matthew Willis
Grad Dip Bushfire Planning and Design
Bushfire Planning Services Pty Limited

FPAA BPAD- A Certified Practitioner
Certification Number BPD-PA 09337
Mobile 0428408577 Phone 02 96543228
A member of the A.B.A.C. group of companies

I chased up three quotes, the cheapest was $800 +GST, which matched the one offered by the guy handling the subdivision.

I went with him to maintain continuity and a line of responsibility should any problems arise later with council.

I have been told by others that he is quite good so hopefully all will work out well.

Do you have any prices to compare please Ideo? I'm always lookig for any area where I can save my clients money.

Ta.

Serge

To be honest, no.

I'm guessing you are mainly dealing with the BAL assessments for complying development. I mainly get them for bigger subdivisions.

It depends on travel, but if it's a short distance then around $450-500. That's for Peak.

Ted at Peak Management is charging me $770 (inc GST) - but we are talking a 10acre rural block.

All quotes I've had for this are higher than their resi rates - so I guess you just have to call around.

Ted at Peak Management is charging me $770 (inc GST) - but we are talking a 10acre rural block.

All quotes I've had for this are higher than their resi rates - so I guess you just have to call around.

He must have been in a bad mood when I rang him, he was the dearest of the three I rang, over $900 for a suburban block surrounded by houses.

... and the day after getting the consultant out I was chatting to one of the local rural firies who said they do the report for free ... darn!

I've done two now myself for rural residential subdivisions. (5 acre lots)

No hassles whatsover. They have guidelines for the information that they require and it's just a matter of satisfying these.

That's how it was in my case anyhow.

RC

Back