business attire - ladies only

Who is that well dressed person?
Thats the intern, dresses like that because one day they're going to be very important

who's the slob?
Thats Warren, he dresses that way, because he is very important

I would advocate "less is best..."
A revealing top, no bra, really short skirt, high heels...gets the results every time.
Promotions...no problem.
Want to move up the corporate ladder...here is your answer;)

Have to agree with that quote,everytime I'm walking around the CBD Ladies dressed like that seem to stand out,..

I HATE dressing up.
Thankfully I never worked anywhere that required it.

Now that we run our own business..every day is casual day.

Anything that requires dressing up, really stresses me.

My daughter is getting married this Aug, and she told me..wear pants or shorts if you want...it is casual.

....and she is seriously considering having KFC catered...that is funny.

The double standards are a bit annoying. I once had an assistant director (male) at work who used to turn up in faded baggy jeans and a hoddie whereas women who were 2-3 ranks below him (and reporting to him) were actually professionally dressed.

Was he violating the dress code? No? Not a double standard.

The double standard is in the fact that no one will think any less of the man for wearing jeans and no one will think he is not doing his job. If women do it, they are frowned upon, sent home, or don't get promoted. As Geoff said, a man can wear the same suit day in day out, no questions asked. On the other hand, a woman gets critiqued on her clothing on a daily basis (more so if she's in the media). Really, who cares what they wear, how much makeup they have on, how good looking they are?--as long as they can do the job.

Not when the people making hiring, promotion and other similar decisions are men.

workshop-1-personal-responsibility-8-638.jpg

The double standard is in the fact that no one will think any less of the man for wearing jeans and no one will think he is not doing his job. If women do it, they are frowned upon, sent home, or don't get promoted. As Geoff said, a man can wear the same suit day in day out, no questions asked. On the other hand, a woman gets critiqued on her clothing on a daily basis (more so if she's in the media). Really, who cares what they wear, how much makeup they have on, how good looking they are?--as long as they can do the job.

I'm a female assistant director (same level as the man in Cimbom's example). I dont care what my staff wear as long as they are competent and look professional when it matters (ie. important meetings). I have female staff who occasionally wear jeans - big deal. Doesnt make me think less of them. Would not matter one iota when it comes to promotions.

Only time I have questioned someone's clothing was when they were in a client facing role and were wearing very inappropriate revealing tops and we had received complaints.

I agree with PG on this one.

I find it highly unfair that a woman can be judged on a daily basis by what they are wearing often regardless of performance. They have an upper hand in any interview, as it has already been stated, that regardless of what a man wears - no one gives a crack.
A man has to rely on his capabilities, and cant fool anyone by dressing differently - cos no one gives a turd what they are wearing.

Its not fair that men have to perform - regardless of their looks.

Blacky

Reactions: S.T
Have to agree with that quote,everytime I'm walking around the CBD Ladies dressed like that seem to stand out,..

Blacky: Its not fair that men have to perform - regardless of their looks.

This says more about where your head is at than what actually occurs. If you would give preferential treatment to staff who look good over those who perform well, then I would rather take my business elsewhere.

On the other hand, just because someone looks good, doesn't mean they don't perform well.

Not everyone thinks in this way (refer Nemo30 above). To be honest, I'm surprised that men of your age are still thinking this way.

I agree with PG on this one.

I find it highly unfair that a woman can be judged on a daily basis by what they are wearing often regardless of performance. They have an upper hand in any interview, as it has already been stated, that regardless of what a man wears - no one gives a crack.
A man has to rely on his capabilities, and cant fool anyone by dressing differently - cos no one gives a turd what they are wearing.

Its not fair that men have to perform - regardless of their looks.

Blacky

If I could, I would shake your hand right now, good sir.

Back