Butler - now on the investment map

Either one will grow over the longer term...but harder to make equity in the current market. The 375sqm block I bought in 2012 for 178k is now 250-260k.

The 202sqm 4x2x2 is now around 190-200k to build.

So that is 430-450k just to build. I built mine for about $355k and is now worth about $450k.

Catalina I reckon.

Thanks for the feedback :)

I am looking to spend $450k on house & land and just wondering which estate would bring quicker and higher growth? We can enter both estates at this price however Catalina would be a smaller block. Catalina is closer to existing infrastructure but Alkimos still has infrastructure to be developed so which is the better investment? Ideally I would hope to see enough growth within 2 years to purchase another property.

Catalina I reckon.

Either one will grow over the longer term...but harder to make equity in the current market. The 375sqm block I bought in 2012 for 178k is now 250-260k.

The 202sqm 4x2x2 is now around 190-200k to build.

So that is 430-450k just to build. I built mine for about $355k and is now worth about $450k.

At current price levels I think your question is akin to asking whether it is better to drive a corolla or an s class drunk. Sure one may have a slightly better outcome but they're both bad ideas imo.

I think alkimos is a terrible proposition and people buying on cottage blocks there sure gonna regret it in say 7 years or so when the house has started to look tatty, there's lots of newer stuff being built and it's still in the middle of absolutely no where.

This is just my opinion of course, I'm sure plenty will disagree

Also, with that budget you could get a lot more property for you dollar buying established in a similar area (Clarkson? Quinns? Butler?) or somewhere better further south.

Thanks Jake D, I think I might agree with you. I've done a bit of reading about Alkimos and I think it may be misleading...you hear of people seeing 20% growth in a year and read that it's a good investment now because once it's developed it'll be worth so much more but again I think this may all be a bit misleading

Also, with that budget you could get a lot more property for you dollar buying established in a similar area (Clarkson? Quinns? Butler?) or somewhere better further south.

Back