Buying in Brisbane

Hi All

I'm new to the forum and I'm looking to invest in Brisbane. We have a budget of 350 - 400 k and at this stage looking at town houses or similar.
I live in Perth and as mentioned in this forum a few times buying inter state can be tricky.
We currently have a IP in Perth and don't want to buy a second as it seems Perth will be a flat market for a while to come.
I flew to Brisbane in March and got pretty excited about the gold coast, in particular Robina and Varsity lakes.
However the more research I do the more i find people suggesting the GC is to volatile. Does any one have any thoughts on these areas.

I,m returning to Brisbane in a few weeks and intend to look at areas like Eight Mile plains, upper mount gravett, Carina and maybe Wynnum West.
It seems( yet to be confirmed) that Wynumm is probably the better of these 4 areas but appears to attract less rent than area like eight mile plains which seems odd......any comments on these areas please

Hi Adam,

Welcome to SS this being your first post.

I have Townhouse / Villa property spread around Brisbane's south & bay sides as part of my CGA Strategy.

If I was you are looking for a long term buy, hold, set & forget for CG, I would concentrate Wynnum / Manly areas through to Cleveland on the bay side.

Hope this helps.

Hi Rixter

Thanks for the advise...yes, living out of the state means I want to set and forget as much as possible, however I would intend on visiting one a year and obviously try to find a good property manager.

Just been looking at town houses in Carindale, any thoughts on that area???

Thanks

Back