Buying neighbour's house

Long story short, the neighbour has moved out and they've been renting it out for the past couple of years. They (the owner) have only stayed there for a short period of time and never got their details when they moved out. I know which agency manage the property but don't really want them to get involved (costs aside, they're a bunch of vultures that I don't particularly liked). Any ideas to track down the owners short of contacting the property manager?

Long story short, the neighbour has moved out and they've been renting it out for the past couple of years. They (the owner) have only stayed there for a short period of time and never got their details when they moved out. I know which agency manage the property but don't really want them to get involved (costs aside, they're a bunch of vultures that I don't particularly liked). Any ideas to track down the owners short of contacting the property manager?

do a title search

Sorry for the bumpage but I've just paid $12.15 for the title search, all it's got are the owner's names but not their current address...

What other searches can assist with figuring out the owner's current address?

You can do a title search on the owners to see what other property they own which may be their PPOR. If they rent, well, you are stuck then I guess unless you hire a PI.

When I want to mail my neighbours I ask the Council for their details and if you are a neighbour, the cost is nil otherwise there's a fee. The owner of a neighbouring house lived in Cairns and I was able to mail them.

When I want to mail my neighbours I ask the Council for their details and if you are a neighbour, the cost is nil otherwise there's a fee. The owner of a neighbouring house lived in Cairns and I was able to mail them.

Didn't know that's possible - will certainly rock up to the council and see if they're any help :D

Didn't know that's possible - will certainly rock up to the council and see if they're any help :D

Councils will give you immediate neighbour's contact details if you need them for say a common fence (repair or replacement) issue - you just need to prove your address details to council......otherwise it is a no go, due to the Privacy Act :rolleyes:

Councils will give you immediate neighbour's contact details if you need them for say a common fence (repair or replacement) issue - you just need to prove your address details to council......otherwise it is a no go, due to the Privacy Act :rolleyes:

Not hard, they're immediately next to us AND one of their tree is in the process of breaking the common fence - looks like I'm in luck :D

Wow..is that all it takes? Interesting.

Back