Can I Borrow $25?

Can I Borrow $25?

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

SON: 'Daddy, may I ask you a question?'

DAD: 'Yeah sure, what it is?' replied the man.

SON: 'Daddy, how much do you make an hour?'

DAD: 'That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?' the Man said angrily.

SON: 'I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an Hour?'

DAD: 'If you must know, I make $50 an hour.'

SON: 'Oh,' the little boy replied, with his head down.

SON: 'Daddy, may I please borrow $25?'

The father was furious, 'If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish.... I don't work hard everyday for such childish frivolities.'

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.

The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions.....How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?

After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down , and started to think:

Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $25.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

'Are you asleep, son?' He asked. 'No daddy, I'm awake,' replied the boy.

'I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier' said the man. 'It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $25 you asked for.'

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. 'Oh, thank you daddy!'He yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father. 'Why do you want more money if you already have some?' the father grumbled.. Because I didn't have enough, but now I do,' the little boy replied.

'Daddy, I have $50 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you.'

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness.

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.

Do remember to share that $50 worth of your time with someone you love.

Now i have a tear thanks, i saw a show about the best buisiness advice one would bestow on new buisiness owners, and as avry one had their informative say, one guy said, TAKE SUNDAYS OFF! as every one else laughed,
He continued to say, that way the time and love you get with your familly, helps you remember why your doing it, and without this time your working for no one as you slowly loose your reason for the buiseness in the first place, but thank you, Black Spider.

Reminds me of a recent experience of my eldest daughter - she was in a store, buying a set of sci-fi DVDs for Daughter No 2's birthday. She was chatting to the shop assistant, who asked, "Is your sister a big fan of this series?". Eldest daughter replied that all 3 girls were big fans, as was their Dad, who used to sit and watch the shows/movies with them when they were growing up. The shop assistant had a strange look on her face, then said to my daughter, "My Dad has never sat down to watch a movie with me."

When my daughter told me of this, I felt incredibly sad for this girl!

Thanks, Black Spider, I think we all need reminding, from time to time, just what really is important in life.

Cheers
LynnH

Thanks for posting that Blackspider.
I can relate to the comment by Dazz regarding wishes.

I actually had kidney failure in 1993 and was not expected to live . Let alone have children. Was placed on Dialysis:eek:

I was very lucky to receive a kidney transplant in 1996:)

Then I had triplets through IVF in 1999. Unfortunately one was still born and the other two were critical and premature.

I swore that day that if they survived that i would spend so much time with them.

They eventually pulled through surprisingly without any complications.:)

I could have gone back to a full time work mode but took on the Mr Mum mode.
The boys are now 9 and we have travelled, camped out, sat listening to bands at Manly & Sydney & Byron Bay.

If my transplant fails at least they will have great memories of me. And if I live till they are young men i will always have GREAT Memories of something you CANNOT Buy;)

Gee Cee

Mr Mum

ah man - i've been working like a pig all week. no rest, not seen the family much all week.

then i read this.

smacked with guilt now, gonna have to take the family out for a Sunday and have some quality time, maybe take next week off and go to Bali.

damn it...

And here we are, always at home and the baby doesn't appreciate it. Just wanders off and chases the cat and leaves us alone unless she needs food.

Depressing reading this thread today. Im sitting here (nsw central coast) while all my family are in Sydney for my nephews 2nd birthday im also his Godfather. Its the one weekend of the yr that I agree to be on call at work for the long weekend as I refuse to do xmas or easter so I thinks its only fare I do a long weekend somewhere throughout the yr. Problem is the money is handy with my wife giving in work in 8 wks time to go on meternity leave. However now im sitting here knowing iv missed the little mans 2nd b'day and I cant get that back. I know I wont be missing anymore :(

Jayro!

Back