Coming out....

Would it be news if he preferred his subway sandwiches toasted or fresh?
Or
Big mac over mcchicken
Or
Collingwood over essendon

Think about it!,!??!

Yes it would... If those preferences had been asked of him and discussed in the press over and over for sixteen years and he finally decided to tell everyone which he preferred...

Would it be news if he preferred his subway sandwiches toasted or fresh?
Or
Big mac over mcchicken
Or
Collingwood over essendon

I disagree with Wylie ... no they would not be news because they are not fundamental to how he internally feels about himself ... those choices are not at the basis of who we are within our ego ... and wouldn't "contribute" to his depression.

It might make the news if he was photographed woofing down a toasted subway or queuing at Maccas ... but these things don't reflect the self talk and truth he tells to himself.

I disagree with Wylie ... no they would not be news because they are not fundamental to how he internally feels about himself ... those choices are not at the basis of who we are within our ego ... and wouldn't "contribute" to his depression.

It might make the news if he was photographed woofing down a toasted subway or queuing at Maccas ... but these things don't reflect the self talk and truth he tells to himself.

Agree, he is a sportsman, he represents himself, he doesn't owe anyone anything except his family

Who cares if he is gay, bi or tri

Who cares if he is a vegetarian or likes to dress up in women's clothes

Who cares if he prefers manual or auto magic

The fact is he broke all those records and was swimmer of the year

He isn't the self acclaimed poster boy for straight swimmers

It's no different to Michael Phelps scoffing down 3 pizzas, a bucket of ice cream and a tub of kfc (which he does) while being an elite sportsman

Agree, he is a sportsman, he represents himself, he doesn't owe anyone anything except his family

Who cares if he is gay, bi or tri

Who cares if he is a vegetarian or likes to dress up in women's clothes

Who cares if he prefers manual or auto magic

The fact is he broke all those records and was swimmer of the year

He isn't the self acclaimed poster boy for straight swimmers

I actually do wonder then, if nobody cares whether he is gay, why the media has continually asked this of him and written the types of "is he or isn't he gay?" stories it has for 16 years since he was first asked (aged 15 apparently) if he was gay?

Clearly, there is a fascination within the media to "out" people.

I am certain his decision to keep that private and continually be hounded by the press has contributed to his depression. It might not be the biggest factor, but it must have been a large part of the reason he kept it quiet for so long. I don't think many people care one way or the other and those that do care... well that is their problem, not his.

Wouldn't it be better to focus on his achievements in the Pool. He was a champion swimmer at a young age, and went on to win several Gold medals.
Everything else is irrelevant.

he is kept in the public eye by his agent who is employed to generate income?

he was a great swimmer. transitioning to another life seems to be proving difficult. playing out in the public arena 1 drama after another. not unlike a soap opera.

may he find dignity and a purpose and get on with his life. others have.

This person has become famous after been true to himself, and now knows as Conchita, who has won Euro Vision 2014

He attempted these shows many times in the past as himself (a gay man), never had much recognition..

So perhaps it is wise to be yourself??

Attachments

• conchita-wurst-for-eurovision-2014-600x334.jpg
    conchita-wurst-for-eurovision-2014-600x334.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 35
Back