can you remove paint without ruining paint underneath.

a friend wanted to trial some paint and did it on a main wall in his dining room

then he realised he may not have to paint his house afterall.

can he remove the half meter by half meter patch of paint he has trialed on a main dining wall.

I guess maybe he could make it a feature wall except that its massive the entire length of the house as its a massive lounge dining all in one. both colors are shades of off white.

francine.

Not really possible unfortunately. Not too smart to start painting a wall if you are not sure you want to paint at all.

Try to get the existing wall colour matched and paint the whole wall or else the area will be visible.

Cheers
Pulse

He could do a chequerboard effect on the wall with 20 different shades of off-white! :D

ETA: or hang a large painting there lol

depending on how drastic the colour change is and if he can get some paint matched up right colour he could always blend the paint in saves doing the whole wall just paint over the patch and a little bit wider to blend it in

I make the assumption it is water based paint. Get a rag and make a pad and douse it in methylated spirits. Gently drag it from the outside edge into the middle of the sample area. Keep repeating with a clean area of rag each time. I think it will come off. If it doesnt you have lost nothing.

removing a layer of paint without ruining underlayer.

wow lots of helpful suggestions thanks so much.

he originally felt strongly that he had to paint and carpet after tennants had been in the place for ten years. but in fact the place is really quite good.
he just fears he then will never get a chance to do those things once he moves in because he didnt manage to ever in his other place. But this place doesnt need it so why spend all those thousands? yes he should have tried it in a walk in robe or somewhere small not on the mainwall in the main room.

thanks for the hints guys.

francine.

a friend wanted to trial some paint and did it on a main wall in his dining room

then he realised he may not have to paint his house afterall.

can he remove the half meter by half meter patch of paint he has trialed on a main dining wall.

I guess maybe he could make it a feature wall except that its massive the entire length of the house as its a massive lounge dining all in one. both colors are shades of off white.

francine.

Do you know a Scotsman?

Chomp

Back