Car hire in Brisbane

Yo! I'm thinking of hiring a car cause I'm gonna go down to Byron for New Years to see a friend. Anyone know any cheap-ish car hire places?

Mark

Mark,

Hope you like crowds. Also, Byron Council was considering an alcohol ban in the town........you might wanna check with your mate to see if that's up & running.

Cheers

Jared

Mark Laszczuk said:
Yo! I'm thinking of hiring a car cause I'm gonna go down to Byron for New Years to see a friend. Anyone know any cheap-ish car hire places?

Mark
Mark, when I travel to Brisbane I hire my cars from Europcar..Always reliable , competitive rates & usually get a free upgrade.

Cheers

Hi Mark,

When I was there on the weekend I hired my car from Hertz. Ordered a Camry for the weekend for $120 and got a free upgrade to a Nissan Maxima. Nice car too, leather interior, climate control, the whole box and dice. I've got a "Promotional Coupon (PC)" number I can give you to quote for a free upgrade if you want it. But, I've got one for all the majors including Europcar and Avis. Just found Avis too hard to deal with and I'm a Gold#1 member with Hertz so went with them...

Was very pleasant driving, which is what you need when you're gonna be in the saddle for the whole two days pretty much. :)

Cheers,
Michael.

I'd like to 2nd Rixter's nomination for Europcar. I have had similiarly good experiences with them in Brisbane.

Re: Byron on New Years.

When I lived (and worked) in the area, Byron went into lock down for a few days in between Xmas and New Years. Only vehicles with a sticker could get into the town during that period. Those without had to be parked out of town (Belongil playing fields and Byron High School, for memory).

You may like to contact Byron Shire Council to see what their plans are.

Also, following a particularly unruly new years celebration one year in the early 1990's, the Council, the community and the police have gone to massive lengths to ensure that anti-social behaviour is kept to an absolute minimum. These days instead of thousands of drunken yobbos roaming the streets destoying everything (and everyone) in their path, you are more likely to see thousands of happy people (even families) enjoying the sights and sounds of street performers, fireworks and music. There will be a very heavy police presence in the town.

Mark

There was a very good cheap car rental a few km from the airport , but I have forgotten their name. Much cheaper than the other crowds but not as cheap as rent- a -wreck!

Back