carbon tax repeal

True.

It makes them deaf, and stubborn and delusional.

They want to keep selling folk apples when they keep saying "we want a banana".
I've been mentioning bananas aka the Coalition Emissions Trading Fund. I'm interested in getting viewpoints. But people keep referring back to the apples.

Yes, his has been mentioned. More than once. I think we get it.

There's been little mention about the Coalition policy, which I've mentioned more than once. I'd be interested in some views from people.

You can't form a view from a pamphlet slogan.

But, I found this an interesting overview on it:
http://www.minterellison.com/publications/Coalition-Climate-Change-Direct-Action-Plan/

So, either climate change does exist, and this is an alternative to the carbon tax. Or climate change doesn't exist, and the current government is wasting billions of dollars in payments to energy producers who reduce something which doesn't change anything. Which one is it?

Yes, his has been mentioned. More than once. I think we get it.

There's been little mention about the Coalition policy, which I've mentioned more than once. I'd be interested in some views from people.
I'm rusted on Liberal/Coalition, and I reckon they should never have anything to do with any guff about emissions, GW or the biggie; "Climate Change". :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Drop the whole thing, and find ways to encourage businesses to stay and flourish in Aus.

It's already been shown that any sort of tax or cost to the companies will simply be passed straight onto us via our power bills. Checked yours lately, folks?

That's fine, but then give me free solar as an incentive to switch off those nasty, polluting businesses.

So, either climate change does exist, and this is an alternative to the carbon tax. Or climate change doesn't exist, and the current government is wasting billions of dollars in payments to energy producers who reduce something which doesn't change anything. Which one is it?
This one.

By the way; Climate Change does exist.

Look out the window.

Did we cause it?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

This is something I don't get.

The Coalition is doing something. Yet it's Labor and the Greens who are naive?

I feel that if we wish to effect the actions of other countries which pollute far more heavily than us then we need to bring something to the table to trade with, "if you do this, then we will do that" etc

We are on RE forum so lets say I want to buy your house, you are asking $600k, I certainly would not say " I really love your house and will pay you $600k if I have to", before we even start negotiating. I would make an offer first and negotiate to achieve an outcome both sides are comfortable with.

By slugging our industries with a carbon tax by making it law, there was nothing left to give to other countries when lecturing them on what they should be doing. I consider that to be naive tactics when trying to get other countries to tax Co2.

What most of the agitators don't realise is that Australia is just about only country in the world where CC is in the mainstream media so much. The rest of the world don't particularly care and it is only the folk that are employed/funded by it that keep the pot boiling overseas.

What most of the agitators don't realise is that Australia is just about only country in the world where CC is in the mainstream media so much. The rest of the world don't particularly care and it is only the folk that are employed/funded by it that keep the pot boiling overseas.

Sorry, but that is an outright mistruth.

I know for a fact that it is significant story in the UK. Germany, I believe is similar. In fact, throughout the EU it is reported on, far more than here.

However, the reporting is based in the science and in the reports there. Not soundbites from politicians.

I've been mentioning bananas aka the Coalition Emissions Trading Fund. I'm interested in getting viewpoints. But people keep referring back to the apples.

The concern I have is that by abolishing the market based scheme the Government will be forgoing billions of dollars of tax income. Also by paying polluters there will the need to fund billions of dollars in expenditure with no clear indication of how the money will be raised to maintain the fund.
Perhaps we would get better value for our money if we invested our carbon abatement fund in emerging economies. More bang for our buck. Won't happen of course.

This thread morphed into a climate change debate. The posts have been moved to a new thread called Climate Change
How can it be a thread based on Carbon Tax, without debate on CT or GW?

Anyway - chuck the whole thing (ETS and CT) out and start focusing on making the economy better for all concerned, and stop pandering to whimsical topics of the noisy.

Federal Coalition Government releases energy fact pack where estimated reduction of household energy cost after carbon tax removal have been stated.
http://www.ret.gov.au/Department/Documents/clean-energy-future/ELECTRICITY-PRICES-FACTSHEET.pdf

The fact sheet estimates electricity bills we be lower by around $200 a year and $70 a year for gas, come 2014-15.

The costs to the power companies may be reduced by that much, but it will be interesting to see how much of those savings are passed on to consumers. There have been stories that the Carbon Tax has been used as an excuse to bump up some prices higher than the cost to companies.

Back