Carbon tax

In any case and on the lighter side....I give you Wind Farms - the hidden truth

That's not funny to me TF. I have spent too much time "debating" this very point with more than one "stakeholder" in my past life developing wind farm projects.

All these wind farms in the world are just gonna slow down the wind and throw the earth off balance doncha know...

Not to mention the impact they would have on insect populations and consequently on everything else because of the "interconnectedness of everything".

And then there was the time we had to call up a US expert on whales and ask him very kindly whether he would mind sending us an email confirming that a coastal wind farm is unlikely to disturb migrating whales out to sea through "vibrations through the ground". His first response was "WTF - is this a prank call?". We explained as delicately as we could that we were trying to develop a wind farm over here in Oz and an opponent was citing this as if it were a fact. He was kind enough to send an email once he picked himself up from the floor from laughing...

You always win in the end because the facts are on your side but it can be a tortuous process.

But yes it reminds me of this debate where demonstrated evidence and considered advice from the likes of CSIRO, BOM, NASA, NOAA, etc etc etc (every major scientific organisation in the world - ie everyone who knows what they're actually talking about) somehow gets equal rank with the ravings of lunatics whose statements have time and again been proven to be wrong.

It seems that the more you can prove yourself wrong and demonstrate you haven't got a clue what you're talking about, the more credible you become? Never mind those scientists who have proven their case time and again, well beyond reasonable doubt in peer reviewed scientific studies - what does that guy over their say who hasn't got any idea whatsoever?

Otherwise intelligent people still fall for this most obvious of traps - the very fact that someone knows far more than them about the subject at hand makes them immediately untrustworthy, but only if I don't like what they say. Only if I suspect them of some ulterior motive. If those same scientists develop cancer curing drugs through the same scientific method though, they'll happily take those, thank you very much... I find it all just sad rather than funny.

Reading between the lines of just about every post of the right wing Liberal supporters in this thread lies fear.

Its fear of just about everything. From boat people to climate change, greens, environmental sustainability, Muslims, Marxists overtaking the world, the economy going under, on and on....scared scared scared........you guys seriously need to get a life, there is a whole world out there beyond your neighbourhood. And guess what, they're different to you. And its different to yours.

That also applies to big L Liberal supporters everywhere. Its uneducated, uninformed, xenophobic, bogan fear.

Thankyou for proving TF's point about zealotry and half-truths.

Forget about half truths, thankyou for joining TF in proving complete untruths come from ideologically driven GreenLeft zealots who use Crisis Speak, patronizing 'we know better' scare tactics, and aggressive secularism, to arrogantly suppress others. Your side seems to have studied all the worst traits of the Catholic and Islamic hierarchy, and fascist dictatorships, to achieve your ends.

As Julia's pre-election 'no carbon tax' lie enshrined, for deluded ideologues the ends justify the means.

So which bit of this is zealotry and half truth?

Can you provide some examples in support of this over excited gibberish? Thanks.

Forget about half truths, thankyou for joining TF in proving complete untruths come from ideologically driven GreenLeft zealots who use Crisis Speak, patronizing 'we know better' scare tactics, and aggressive secularism, to arrogantly suppress others. Your side seems to have studied all the worst traits of the Catholic and Islamic hierarchy, and fascist dictatorships, to achieve your ends.

[/URL]

Beside that, the same accusations can be levelled at the right wing side:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/medi...laint-about-jones-comment-20110727-1i0bg.html

Mate, how can you be taken seriously when you debate like this? Can you just address my question.

Which part of your religious belief blinds you to the example of Julia's lie and the ever growing list of Labor 'crises' I raised previously?

Reading between the lines of just about every post of the right wing Liberal supporters in this thread lies fear.

Its fear of just about everything. From boat people to climate change, greens, environmental sustainability, Muslims, Marxists overtaking the world, the economy going under, on and on....scared scared scared........you guys seriously need to get a life, there is a whole world out there beyond your neighbourhood. And guess what, they're different to you. And its different to yours.

That also applies to big L Liberal supporters everywhere. Its uneducated, uninformed, xenophobic, bogan fear.

You sound sillier by the day. I've highlighted the "fear" of climate change apparently by the right wing.
So let me get this straight. Most of us are saying that climate change is normal, and has been happening for centuries, and there is no human induced global warming. So many of us are saying there is nothing to fear, chillout.
Yet the left and environmentalists are panicking that the world will end, that we'll all drown when the seas rise, that we are doomed from CO2. So tell be again evand we is fearful. Seems to me the crazy greenies.

Dan and Evan, your resorting to personal attack and intimidation proves everything I said above, and epitomizes the arrogance, vacuous arguments, and secular aggression Tony Blair accuses the likes of you of. And you want the world to surrender personal freedom to ideologues of your ilk? No thanks. I've seen the limits of your empathy, understanding, and humanity.

Can you provide some examples in support of this over excited gibberish? Thanks.

Beside that, the same accusations can be levelled at the right wing side:

http://www.smh.com.au/business/medi...laint-about-jones-comment-20110727-1i0bg.html

This is a complaint from GETUP! This is the group/organisation that claim you as a member when simply providing them an email address. I was on their site a little while back requesting further information about an article they had posted & had to enter an email address, didn't bother & glad I didn't else I too would be a member of GetUp.

So any prospective purchaser that has emailed when requested further information about a property I am selling is now by default a member of our real estate company. I see GetUp have tweaked their website after this so called membership by stealth was brought to the public's attention.

Personal attack and intimidation? Are you serious?

Dan and Evan, your resorting to personal attack and intimidation proves everything I said above, and epitomizes the arrogance, vacuous arguments, and secular aggression Tony Blair accuses the likes of you of. And you want the world to surrender personal freedom to ideologues of your ilk? No thanks. I've seen the limits of your empathy, understanding, and humanity.

My mistake. I should have said "man made climate change"

You sound sillier by the day. I've highlighted the "fear" of climate change apparently by the right wing.
So let me get this straight. Most of us are saying that climate change is normal, and has been happening for centuries, and there is no human induced global warming. So many of us are saying there is nothing to fear, chillout.
Yet the left and environmentalists are panicking that the world will end, that we'll all drown when the seas rise, that we are doomed from CO2. So tell be again evand we is fearful. Seems to me the crazy greenies.

Given the response you made to Bluestorm, this is just ridiculous mate.

Mate, go back and please point out to me where I have attacked you.

And by the way, your assumptions about me are way off base. Have a nice day.

This is the second of complaints against him. The first wasnt by getup.

The fact is he is being investigated by the Australian Communications and Media Authority for misleading the public on Climate change.

Doesnt really matter who made the complaint.

This is a complaint from GETUP! This is the group/organisation that claim you as a member when simply providing them an email address. I was on their site a little while back requesting further information about an article they had posted & had to enter an email address, didn't bother & glad I didn't else I too would be a member of GetUp.

So any prospective purchaser that has emailed when requested further information about a property I am selling is now by default a member of our real estate company. I see GetUp have tweaked their website after this so called membership by stealth was brought to the public's attention.

To continue with your list. I for one don't care about Muslims. They can have their sharia law for all I care. It won't affect me. I'm all for it. Lets go the way of Saudi Arabia and ban women from driving cars for one. We all know women drivers are bad anyway.:p And if some silly women wants to wear a black burka in 37% heat in summer, then good on her. When you have travelled to places like Egypt and Jordan and spoken to the locals (tax drivers stories, etc), hey, bring on the mans world mate. Forget this equal opportunity stuff.
Anyway, I'll now talk to my Chinese wife about how racist us right wingers are.
zǒu hǎo

Again, what are you on about here? This post just proves your lack of understanding, leading - of course - to fear.

Oh, and i forgot Libs/conservatives fear of gays/Lesbians. Especially Tony Abott (whos's scared of everything, even women). And don't forget the Nationals fear of everything that's not in the boosh.....haha

Rupert Murdoch has a Chinese wife and he's as right wing as they get. Big deal.

To continue with your list. I for one don't care about Muslims. They can have their sharia law for all I care. It won't affect me. I'm all for it. Lets go the way of Saudi Arabia and ban women from driving cars for one. We all know women drivers are bad anyway.:p And if some silly women wants to wear a black burka in 37% heat in summer, then good on her. When you have travelled to places like Egypt and Jordan and spoken to the locals (tax drivers stories, etc), hey, bring on the mans world mate. Forget this equal opportunity stuff.
Anyway, I'll now talk to my Chinese wife about how racist us right wingers are.
zǒu hǎo

Why is that? the post he is referring to is about much more than climate change (or man made climate change) that was only a minor part of it.

So why do you say that?

I thought both your rants (Bluestorms about how laborites and greenies suffer the most and yours about fear) were both a pretty silly.

Anyway, don't worry what I think - I've already had my say on this topic!

Agree. I did not do an English major in uni, but to me this is brilliant poetry.

Interesting stat came up on The Bolt Report on Sunday just gone;

approximately 1/3 of the "carbon emissions" in the air in Aus per yer are due to bushfires.

How this equates in the whole sorry debacle I don't know...just thought I'd pass it on.

Back