cashie jobs - hrly rate

if your employer wants you to come in over the weekend and do a job for them as a cashie what would you expect to be paid per hour?

if it wasnt offered as a cashie they would pay you your overtime rate

lets assume your standard rate is $20/h
your Overtime rate is $30/h

if your employer wants you to come in over the weekend and do a job for them as a cashie what would you expect to be paid per hour?

if it wasnt offered as a cashie they would pay you your overtime rate

lets assume your standard rate is $20/h
your Overtime rate is $30/h

$25 in the hand

I stand by my comment,that really is cheap on your employers part.With the repercussions huge if something goes wrong,someone gets hurt etc,is it really worth it?

I wonder if the ATO crawls the internet for certain phrases. :)

You never know who is reading what you write on here.

Someone asked a question not too long ago about trying to get away with something dodgy that directly related to my govt job. I found the responses quite amusing as everyone was saying 'they'll never know'.

If your overtime rate is $40/hr then I would expect $40 cash in hand

Your employer is winning by not having to pay all the taxes, leave and super on your time at work (which often doubles what you receive) so why should you miss out?

If your overtime rate is $30 and your normal rate is $20 I think you should have been given somewhere between that.

It was overtime so you would have (presumably) cleared $20 if paid normally. But you didn't have to pay tax so I think $25 would be fair for both parties. He saves $5, you save $5 (on the surface). But he's still better off, saving super etc).

Your boss is definitely the winner here.

Bosses have lost their jobs for this type of thing. Worth it??

nice to see others opinions, imo
under $20 - can see what sort of a boss they are
$20 should be bare minimum - OT minus tax which normally is about your base wage
$25-30 would be fair - you both make a gain
$30+ would be great, shows they acknowledge that you come in on your day off to help them out so willing to give you that bit extra (there still making good money aswell)
$30 as overtime (not cashie) would be fine too as you both were happy with it to start with.
id just do it as OT but they insist on cashies for small jobs on the weekend
and you can see why, you end up worse out of it on just the hourly rate not including anything else

i can understand doing mates rates if you were helping a mate out and getting under your base rate

If your overtime rate is $40/hr then I would expect $40 cash in hand

Your employer is winning by not having to pay all the taxes, leave and super on your time at work (which often doubles what you receive) so why should you miss out?

This is how I'd proceed as well.

Back