Cats

Anyone here breed cats?

I love Birmans and am setting up facilities to start breeding them.

Just wondering if there are any other Ailurophiles here? :D

Yeah yeah bring on the flat cat jokes. :rolleyes:

probably the most destructive animal in australia next to pigs and cattle....

ill leave it there before i mention a nice skinned mat....:)

dont get me wrong i love animals but no this particular variety.

I make a point of NOT breeding cats. Mine is desexed. She still has a blatant admirer who visits most nights and serenades her outside our back door.

Cats are useful. They eat mice. And green tree frogs :p

mine wipes out any mice nest with the vicinity within days - and then moves onto large grasshoppers and skinks. i try to save the latter when i can. he's never been interested in birds - but does take on the white vege moths.

I have already spoken to your lovely wife because the pure lines are exactly my interest, and she gave me some excellent info and advice.

Small world huh! :D

My parents were Siamese cat breeders when I was a kid, so when I got married I went and found myself a nice little moggie.

I was only 3 weeks old and undernourished when I got it, but it didn't take long to nurse it back to a strong little kitten.

That was 11 years ago, and that tiny kitten has turned into a lazy old cat that spends lots of time asleep, or purring on someones lap.

My step-mother and father breed cats-Russian Blues. The cats keep winning prizes.

http://www.samnickirussianblues.com.au/kittens.html

Unfortunately early in the peace (before they decided to breed them) they had a male neutered. A real pity because this cat has the most fantastic physique. He has muscles like you'd see on a bodybuilder (if he was a human). Keeps winning the neutered section (they call it something different in cat circles) at cat shows.

Not sure about the vet bills, food billls, kitty litter, cages, travel costs to cat shows etc- these expenses add up. Lots of changing kitty litter, feeding and giving tablets etc.

Also makes it hard to have a holiday unless you really trust the person you leave looking after them.

Back