Centerlink payments with conditions

Yeah well understand people needing breaks and kids loving a bit of interaction . But a full time week, 4 day wk whatever , too much I reckon. Remember from there it's kinda, then school and at 18-20 a child's spent their whole life in care or school , then they're of to work. In the high pressured hi tech world this is going to be, I just think that's too much, not enough prep ad foundation, especially if it's a had to be .
It is weird how mums are pressured now too , by society and even friends , I've noticed that, go figure !
I still dunno how mums drag themselves away from a child though at 3 mths, 6 whatever , can't tell me that at least isn't a beautiful but also crucial time for that baby and the mum.
Ahwell , that periods over for us and we're all thankful we did it the way we did.

When my babies were born I had 17 weeks off,15 of them paid at about 60% of my wages.For my first child, she was born 8 days early. I literally left work and went to the hospital to deliver, 90 minutes later.

Now, in Canada, the working mother gets 52 weeks off, 50 of them paid at about 60% of her wages. If she doesn't want 12 months off, she can give her working partner the opportunity to use the maternity benefits.

Back