Character residential zone code in Brisbane

Hi

I have a 809 sq block with a 20 metre frontage on it...its in a Demolotion Control Precent, the current house was built in the 1970's so no issues here.

My only concern in that under the new draft city plan its Character residential zone code..... its odd that only a few houses on the street are this code but they are all recent builds.

I am right in reading if this zone applies then the minimum lot size will be 450sq..... this is the only thing holding up on us making an offer.

I'm not sure if that is correct or not, but from what I understand you can apply to be assessed on the current plan instead of the draft plan if you intend to develop it within a certain time frame.

I'm sure someone that knows more than I will correct me if I am wrong.

Give RPI a message. He knows all this stuff.

We are applying for a DA for a similar sized block and I believe we are waiting to apply under the new plan that is due out soon.

Our house is in a DCP area so we cannot demo the house (nor do we want to).

I also believe if we apply under the old plan, we can have our application assessed under the old plan, so get RPI on board to tell you which is better.

That's what council call centre seems to say...she said for the first 12 months once it comes in, but will call back tommorrow about it and speak to a TP...I do find it odd that that only 4 blocks in the street are zoned this and all have modern homes ranging from 1970's to a brand new build...

That's what council call centre seems to say...she said for the first 12 months once it comes in, but will call back tommorrow about it and speak to a TP...I do find it odd that that only 4 blocks in the street are zoned this and all have modern homes ranging from 1970's to a brand new build...

Might be odd but hard to fight it. We get sub 450m2 blocks through every week, if there are other 400m2 blocks in the street you are probably ok, but as it doesn't tick the box you have to look at the wider impact in the street, surrounding areas etc.

If you are happy to PM me the address I will respond through the forum (sans any info that might identify the block).

I can confirm that the house was not present in the 1946 aerial photo so a private certifier can approve demolition.

It would be extremely difficult for the Council to argue that 405m2 blocks in that street would cause an impact, it is the predominant subdivision pattern in the street and most importantly the DCP lots next door are 405m2.

Only issue I can see is that you may need to fill slightly to allow sufficient fall for stormwater to the street as the block is quite flat front to back. BCC is very picky about this now.

Survey would confirm, but at a guess 200mm fill would sort it out. You may not have to do anything, especially if you submitted plans for 2 houses at the same time.

Thanks for getting back to me, we put an offer on paper tonight subject to a few of the usual conditions. It appears that they have actually gotten a few offers which is understandable given what it was listed for, hoping to hear back from the agent tomorrow.

I know this sounds silly, but every property I've ever gotten I have a gut feeling that its the "one", the past few months I haven't gotten that feeling or the place was too much or other issues, this one was the first out of 100's that I got that same feeling that I had with the others and the sums add up.

Crossing fingers and toes....you might hear from me shortly to do the DA.

Back