Chasing Possums

OK Maybe this should be in Investor Psychology but this seems more of a light hearded place to put it and a few of you might get some laughs form it.

Boss and his lovely better half have ventured into an investment property a few years ago. After much heartache have managed to get approval and build a second dwelling at the rear of the existing. As far as Im concerend Im wraped for them. They are already doing better than most people. However.....

Everything is a drama and when I mean everything I mean everything (goes without saying that IP number 3 could never happen as there is too much stress already).

Weeds in the garden, leaves in the gutter, the tree next door that the leaves come from, the dogs next door, there was dust in the window sill when the tenants vacated, tenant left a vibrator when they vacated, the new tenants are too old, too young, too short, too fat.... the list goes on. I have found it a consistant source of amusement but heres the gold.

The latest tenent has complained about a possum running across the fence or though the yard at night:eek: Can you believe such a horror story:rolleyes:

So first there are lengthy discussion, phone calls and quotes etc about how to stop the possum. They have ranged from, metal rings around neigbouring trees, sensor lights, fence modification, possum traps, but this one had me in tears. Wait for it....

Pheromone spray.. They are looking at investigating sprays that they can put on the fence/around the yard to stop the possum:D:D:D

Reminds me of the movie Caddyshack with Bill Murray and the Gopher

Attachments

• bill-murray-caddyshack.jpg
    bill-murray-caddyshack.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 71
Oh dear! Seriously!
Are they self managing?
I can't believe there are tenants who would ring to complain about a possum that is no way controllable by ANYONE :eek:

That's the funniest part. They are paying through the nose for a local agent to manage it for them.
If one of my property managers told me about tenants complaining about possums I think I would have some serious doubts about their management skills.

I now use the phrase "chasing possums" around the house with Andrea for anything that is taking my time that isn't important.

Intersting story. I bet that willl smell lovely.

Side note -traps wont do you much good as you can only legally move them 100m or so, they'll be back in no time...

Last edited:
I bet that willl smell lovely.

I know I have marked plenty of trees and fences in my time:) maybe I could market them some "product".

+ 1 Macca. Nothing wrong with a bit of native wildlife.

Only a small saga today. Something to do with the shed door or lock.. not sure but only an hour of time devoted to it today. I think there was more time spent today as they found a couple of winged termites in the dog bowl. This prompted a half hour on the net looking for termite baits.... (more "possum chasing" behaviour)

I'd hate to see the stress if they had more than 2 IPs.

Back