Climate change?

snap20120515194044001.png

Pine trees grown in extra nasty polluting stuff!

You fail basic chemistry, Hydrocarbons are exclusively Hydrogen and Carbon. There is no Oxygen in these molecules. The Oxygen comes from the air.

True but in the context of the discussion here scoring points by nitpicking achieves little of value to the discussion.

True but in the context of the discussion here scoring points by nitpicking achieves little of value to the discussion.

You might see it as nitpicking but the point is that most of the idiots in the climate change industry pimping this global warming trash have no idea about even the most basic chemistry or physics behind any of it and just parrot off the blinkered mantra that we are all going to die unless we tax ourselves to death.

Hi Hi E,

The sad thing to me is the terror campaign being waged upon our children, I can accept your argument that we should all read the data and act accordingly but when the Dept Of Education consistently lies to my granchildren causing them to have nightmares of everyone drowning I get a bit steamed up.

Further, finding unadulterated data is getting rather hit and miss, when you have Govt departments and researchers altering data to suit their funding supply just who can one believe?

One thing that is likely to happen in time is that all the outrageous claims will continue to be proven wrong and the whole thing will be ridiculed and exposed for what it is.

Unfortunately, the real problem continues to be ignored and deteriorate and by the time the pollution problem is acknowledged and addressed we will have created a population that is blase about the whole environment thing.

We then face another decade of trying to get people to try to limit pollution rather than flushing it down a river and the money currently being wasted will have to be repaid before we can address the elephant :mad:

Agree.

There is a vast difference IMO between the massive campaign to "educate" children at school about Global warming and/or climate change, and the dumping of rubbish in rivers etc.

To me; the Global warming stuff is alarmist and so far proven to be but a storm in a tea-cup at best, while the arrogance and "who cares?" attitude of humans towards rubbish and river pollution etc doesn't get the same degree of attention. If it did, we wouldn't need an EPA so we can dob-in the scum who chuck their cig butts and other rubbish everywhere.

I live on the Bay, and what we see washed up on our little patch of sand is a disgrace, and don't get me started on the intersections with piles of cig butts at every corner.

My son is 10 and comes home from school and reels off stuff the teachers give them about Global warming and climate change, and yet has never mentioned a thing about river pollution, or whale "experiment" fishing etc.

I am an old warrior in the climate change wars. I am tired of being accused of "not caring". That is: not caring about pollution, not caring about my grand children, not caring about the oil pollution of the oceans, not caring about the reef, simply put, not caring about my environment. Couldn't be further from the truth.

When I go fishing, I bring home all my rubbish, particularly any plastic. I will only throw apple cores out my car window, I keep my yard bird friendly [no cats] and will even put a woodchip mound in the back corner for the scrub turkeys next summer and will get some goat food for the wallabies during the winter dry. Even own a hybrid Camry.

Our world is not perfect and we must find alternative energy sources, but let's do it in a planned manner and for the right reasons, not this alarmist crap.

When I was young it was the atomic bomb which had us $hit scared, partly because of the megalomania in Washington and Moscow, and partly because of the damage the atomic tests were doing to the climate! Yes, the climate was so bad, so unpredictable in the 50s there had to be a reason.

This current scare too will pass.

For the Conspiracy theorists

H.A.A.R.P.

Youtube video from Jesse Ventura HERE I'm not sure what to believe as everyone has an opinion on what is changing the climate.

Could H.A.A.R.P be the reason why the weather is changing.

One thing I have concluded for myself, the Carbon Tax isn't going to change the climate

HAARP has a direct effect on the Schumann Frequency of the atmosphere, which in turn alters most living thing's behaviours. Makes people in general more "frenetic" and panicky.

Huge power grids do the same thing - similar effects have been measured over Tokyo, New York and Delhi.

HAARP has a direct effect on the Schumann Frequency of the atmosphere, which in turn alters most living thing's behaviours. Makes people in general more "frenetic" and panicky.

Huge power grids do the same thing - similar effects have been measured over Tokyo, New York and Delhi.

I would appreciate a link to the evidence for this...

I actually looked it up. Here is the best for HAARP's effects . . . .

EYEWITNESS EVIDENCE!

The wiki stuff on Schumann Resonance says it is alleged to affect bioenergetics but no actual proof exists. The crap I will read!

I guess it's just similar crap that I had to listen to when Tim Flannery says things like NSW dams will never fill with water again etc etc and all the crap being peddled by climate scientists that wouldn't have a job if they didn't find a way to try to prove their case for "climate change", see I put "climate change" in inverted comma's.... as it's know known to be this, so no matter what we know the climates changing, so their myths can never be proven wrong know it's called this.

I never thought H.A.A.R.P. was or is changing the climate just like just like I never never believed Tim Flannery or any of the over paid Climate Scientists. I was just showing someone's useless opinion.

See how all of it is just like one big joke, just like the Carbon Tax.

I don't care about the pointless arguments about climate change.

But, it makes sense from a sustainable perspective (in terms of not just ******* away non-renewable energy) to make investments in other energy forms.

It is purely a rational, economic position.

But, it makes sense from a sustainable perspective (in terms of not just ******* away non-renewable energy) to make investments in other energy forms.

Waayyyyy wrong thread for that attitude, dude!

(Did you even know Men In Black was a documentary? No: I didn't think so!)

I agree, but let the commercial market sort it out, not government interference. More people will do more business with "Greener" companies, and more companies will do more business with "Greener" Companies. Why let the government get involved.

I agree, but let the commercial market sort it out, not government interference. More people will do more business with "Greener" companies, and more companies will do more business with "Greener" Companies. Why let the government get involved.

Because they won't.

Simple as that.

There needs to be adequate funding to move away from non-renewables. There is no funding.

There should be incentives to move away from high-polluting energy generation. There isn't. The only people that do pay the extra are those that
a) care
b) can afford the extra
And there simply put isn't many of them around.

Free market ideology is like communism. A great theoretical concept on paper. But once human greed and indifference becomes involved it simply does not work.

Back