Coffee Snob...

I absolutely love great coffee. It is one of my favourite things.

But you do get people who w@nk over it a bit too much, i.e. "Oh Cafe XYZ make the best coffee". Well its probably just a tad better than somewhere else, but they like to get off on the fact that its their trendy hangout and somehow the coffee becomes 10x better than anywhere else.

But yes, nothing like a rich, strong double espresso. I have a great automatic saeco machine so just make my own at home!

yeah i like coffee... but dont spend too much of my life labouring over which cafe is better, which type is better, how best to make one, etc.

I just order my coffee, usually enjoy it, and if i particularly like it, then i will happily go back to the cafe it came from.

However, after getting an espresso machine (needed to waste some freq flier points), ive taken more to having a coffee at home.

I absolutely love great coffee. It is one of my favourite things.

But you do get people who w@nk over it a bit too much, i.e. "Oh Cafe XYZ make the best coffee". Well its probably just a tad better than somewhere else, but they like to get off on the fact that its their trendy hangout and somehow the coffee becomes 10x better than anywhere else.

But yes, nothing like a rich, strong double espresso. I have a great automatic saeco machine so just make my own at home!

The problem is and the reason that people act like this, is they go to cafes and get CRAP.. they get teenagers using machines with no idea how to use it, making drinks that they don’t care about and they look and taste like it. They don't know how much coffee to use per cup, they don't know how to use the machine (just like I don’t know how to drive a tractor or Ferrari like it's made to be used).. and they charge you nearly $4 for the privilege :)

Or you get these shops that jump on the bandwagon and start selling coffee cause of it's increased populatirty.. this time the focus is on image (but without subbstance) -

So when you find someone that actually knows what they are doing, you can be pleasantly surprised ! You didn't get dissappointed ! wicked !

Fresh food tastes better to me than precpacked frozen preservative ladened junk food versions of wholesome meals.... But it's like we don't know what fresh food / product is anymore and think that is frozen, imitation and instant versions are fresh and anyone wanting more than that is a "snob"

"Where eggs come from Tommy ?"

"The shop mummy"

This is what I feel sometimes we are like as adults !

You get less snobbery in Greece and Italy for example, but more proper credible standard..

I mean if your idea of cheese is only Kraft single slices on special.. then i am sure you would see anyone who likes more expensive cheeses as a snob.. .but I'm not convinced that' s the right defintion.

...a great skinny latte in cafe peppercorn warracknabeal, the wimmera, and the locals are just beautiful, amazing friendly, there is an absolutely beautiful guy that comes up from one of the supervised care units, he is a delight to talk to over the coffee. so, company too can make a great coffee also...

This is why you have “coffee snobs”

Because you walk into a café, which advertises boldly the brand of coffee it uses and how good quality they are, and ask for a double espresso (For those who do not know, the coffee machine makes “shots” of coffee, this is a request for 2 shots)

First the barista gets confused as to which cup to put it in.

Then goes to look how to ring it up. Confused again and ends up with $6.20. I almost pay it just to get out of there. She decides it can’t be, but doesn’t know what to do, I ask how many shots in a Long Mac ? She says 2. I say how about I pay for a long mach, or the most expensive double shot coffee & you don’t have to worry about the milk ? Looking relieved that she found an answer, she rings up a long mach and I pay $3.40… All good and I leave 60c in the tip jar.

She even put the 1 sugar in for me. 2 sips was all I could drink – it was burnt and tasted like crap, so I threw it out instead of drinking it and upsetting my stomach

Why didn't you stop at that point?

Because it's downstairs in the building foyer where I work.

Because I see them every morning when I walk in and say hello a lot.

Because there were people standing next to me mthat I didn;t want to think I was making a big deal out of it

Becuase it's Perth and 1/2 the time, this is what happen

And obviously because I'm a snob

Jaycee, why you, you, why you......

S.N.O.B :) :D

People are writing? drawing little messages in my coffee, little leaves, and hearts, and something else I'm not sure what....:D

I am headed to East Victoria tomorrow, via Boort, that old little place/shop with rickity floor that makes excellent coffee and homemade pies, cakes, slices...onto Rochester/Shepparton, will be exploring for more good coffee. Consider me the coffee researcher.

For anyone that is fortunate enough to whizz around regional Victorian towns, another little gem, 'Boort'. I've only been there Saturday mornings, so not sure of other days open, but the vibe and buzz Saturday mornings is beautiful.

Place for coffee, 12 outta 10, (yes, you heard me right, but remember it is proportionally subjective), Jodie Curtis's 'The Cup and Saucer'.

Not only the coffee but homemade stuff, her vegetarian quiche is superb, best I've ever had, (no, I am not a vegetarian, it just looked good), her homemade pies {love icon insert here}, her homemade sauce, her quaint little old shop and her art, her!!!! The beautiful lakes with all their water now, the funny old sloping/hilly main street, the people.

Boort. Not just good coffee, it's an experience.

PS For sweets that rhubarby? apple slice thing she makes, it's orgasmic.:):D In fact if I ever get back there, there is it's new name.

Swan Hill regional Victoria:

'Cafe Allure'-Mr OO rates their beef burger 10 /10, skinny latte he says he doesn't know enough about coffee but it was good. I rate the coffee as 9/10 and 10/10 for the beef burger, best I've ever had. World wide. Hands down. No sweat.

When it comes to burgers it's hard to go past Neil Perry's wagyu burger at Rockpool. OK it's not cheap at about $22, but well worth it.

The chips there, on the other hand, are overpriced and not worth it.

Back