Contract Of Sale

Hi

Selling property as a private sale is all new to me and i was hoping to cash in on your experiences.

We have just sold a retail premises to the guy who owns the shop next door.

There were no agents involved in this sale. (except for the guy who bought it, who is an agent himself).

We have received a letter in writting from the buyer with his offer.

We have verbally accepted his offer and I am presently having my solicitor arrange a section 32 for me.

My question is - Is it worth the money for my solicitor to draw up a cantract of sale or are the online sites acceptable ??

Has anyone used these sites before ?? If so, can anyone recommend a reputable site that does these legal documents?.

Your input is much appreciated.

Thanx in advance

Keenas

Selling property as a private sale is all new to me

OK - if that is the case, I strongly suggest some legal assistance.

There were no agents involved in this sale. (except for the guy who bought it, who is an agent himself).

All the more reason to get yourself some good representation.

My question is - Is it worth the money for my solicitor to draw up a cantract of sale or are the online sites acceptable ??

Yes definitely. You are the Seller and have 100% of the power in the transaction. Pin them to the wall with whatever you wish to put in the Contract.

I cannot comment on the online sites, but I think you are playing with fire if this is your first time around, and you are up against an experienced REA.

keenas, in this dog-eat-dog property world, being keenas counts for little. Get yourself a full lock down contract written up and tie the Buyer up with nine line bind knots.

One of the rare occasions that Dazzling and I agree :p.

DEFINITELY get a solicitor do it or you could be eaten alive.

Back