Conveyancer

Hi Guys/Girls,

I had a search on this but couldnt find anything, maybe it just me.

I am just wondering if anyone can reccomend a good conveyancer near the hills area in sydney?

Or are they all pretty much the same?

Cheers,

John.

Hi Guys/Girls,

I had a search on this but couldnt find anything, maybe it just me.

I am just wondering if anyone can reccomend a good conveyancer near the hills area in sydney?

Or are they all pretty much the same?

Cheers,

John.

Hi John - just sent you a PM.

Definitely not all the same.

I would go with a conveyancing lawyer rather than a straight conveyancer. Conveyancing is number one claim on professional indemnity insurance.

It is complex and has huge amounts of paperwork. A lot of the time it goes right and there are no issues, but when it doesn't you need a lawyer.

Darryl- only thing is that we don't have Darryl in NSW that does conveyancing at convencyer-solicitor rate.

Not that i am aware of!

I use Conveyancing Shop Baulkham Hills

Jenny the owner is a full soli. 96863366

Tell her David the IT guy referred:)

Darryl- only thing is that we don't have Darryl in NSW that does conveyancing at convencyer-solicitor rate.

Not that i am aware of!

One of my mates is a property lawyer who works on multimillion dollar purchases and leases with 10+ years experience. He only charges around $1100 for residential conveyancing matters + disbursements.

I cannot understand why someone would contemplate using a non qualified lawyer to do such an important transaction when the prices charged would be similar.

One of my mates is a property lawyer who works on multimillion dollar purchases and leases with 10+ years experience. He only charges around $1100 for residential conveyancing matters + disbursements.

I cannot understand why someone would contemplate using a non qualified lawyer to do such an important transaction when the prices charged would be similar.

Terry, $1100 + Disburesements are still ok.

but $2500 + disbursements for conveyancing is bit too much.. i been quoted that at firm in Sutherland about a year ago!

I walked past there office today and had sign on for Sale/Lease (with business closed notice)

Terry, $1100 + Disburesements are still ok.

but $2500 + disbursements for conveyancing is bit too much.. i been quoted that at firm in Sutherland about a year ago!

I walked past there office today and had sign on for Sale/Lease (with business closed notice)

I myself cannot understand why any lawyer would want to do conveyancing for $2000 or less. It would take at least 10 hours if everything went smoothly. Conveyancing a risky area of law to work in because of the potential to stuff up.

When I worked in a CBD law firm we charged by the hour. I did several conveyancing matters for simple residential matters. The bill for these matters was $4,000 to $11,000. Many of our clients were other lawyers too.

When I worked out cabramatta area to to my practical training they had students doing the work with no supevision - ask another student if yo don't know what to do sort of thing. $800. Once I heard one student tellin a client CGT is calculated on the settlement date and not contract date. Also the principal advised one client on the purchase of a block of flats sayin stamp duty would be on each flat if there was separate contracts - he was wrong of course and the client copt a $25k extra stamp duty bill.

Back