Copper network switch off

Just wondering, when the copper network do get switched off after NBN is installed, is there a second use on the phone line that is already within the house? Does the NBN uses existing internal phone wiring?

Thanks

it can do- you can have your internal phone wiring connected to the phone port on the fibre NTD, which which allow it to continue functioning as it does now for phones.

I don't have NBN in my investment property yet, but I am building a granny flat now. So, I was wondering how should I plan the internal phone wiring & sockets to prepare for it.

All I can find is space required for the external/internal box with powerpoint and conduit with string to come in to the house, but not much details on how to re-use internal wiring and sockets.

All I can find is space required for the external/internal box with powerpoint and conduit with string to come in to the house, but not much details on how to re-use internal wiring and sockets.

AFAIK, NBN usually comes up the same conduit as your existing phone line. For your GF it will be a new conduit for the phone service to the Luka box.

A string with tin cans at either end works good for basic voice comms but I don't know how it goes for data. ;)

Back