Cost of getting a power pole moved

Has anybody ever had to get a power pole moved from the front of their property? If so was it a hassle to get it done and what were the costs involved?

I am currently looking into this. There are no transformers on it but I don't think it is going to be cheap

Thanks

Depends on the age of the pole. If its old and due for replacement in a few years you could pay a $10K - $30k fee to have the process completed today.

I was quoted $150k to move a pole that was the main one heading down a peninsula in Sydney that probably serviced circa 200-300 homes as well as directly 7 houses or so from that poll.

The cost comes from re-directing the power, the man power etc.

Transformers on Poles are old technology which means if they are going to move it they would need to build one of those small green boxes on the ground to replace it.

IMO not worth it.

Thanks Belvoir. This pole is only servicing 3 properties, has a street light on it and some Telcos seem to be using it too. From what I can tell it looks pretty old.
Looking to get it moved so I can put a crossover in for a dual occ development.

Call the distributor. That's your contact. Then ask for a quote. If it's nothing out of the ordinary I would allow $20k. Last quote I had was $16k from sp Ausnet.

I assume you have already tried but are you sure that you can't design the project without necessitating the pole being moved.

I was in an identical situation, made all the calls en enquiries and then decided that the path of least resistance was to get creative and redesign my development.

I assume you have already tried but are you sure that you can't design the project without necessitating the pole being moved.

I was in an identical situation, made all the calls en enquiries and then decided that the path of least resistance was to get creative and redesign my development.

It's still very early days and this is the very first hurdle. Want to put garages on side boundaries for 2 x townhouses (side by side) with the crossovers being on the side boundaries too. The pole is 2M in from side boundary and did speak to a town planner who said min distance for crossover is 1m from pole. This means the crossover must be 3m in from side boudary which is too much if having garages on the side boundary and unlikley to be approved by traffic engineers. Could put garages and one crossover in the middle but prefer not to use that option.

Have requested a quote from distribuitor as suggested by oc1 so will see what they come back with.

I contacted my local distributor (Jemena) as suggested by OC1.
They provided me with a preliminary cost estimate which they said will be in the order of $40k to move the pole approx 6m. :eek:
They did stress that this was not a quote and requested a project fee of $1,750 to do more analysis in order to provide a full quote and prepare contracts etc.
Clearly I'm not going through with this and will go with plan B instead which is the shift the crossovers in from the boundary.

Rather than start a new thread, does anyone know what the cost of moving one of those electrical green domes is? Got one right on the boundary line which would stop a fencing being built on it... If it was another metre closer to the road would be fine.

Rather than start a new thread, does anyone know what the cost of moving one of those electrical green domes is? Got one right on the boundary line which would stop a fencing being built on it... If it was another metre closer to the road would be fine.

When i had my green dome installed it was required to be with a 1m square of the corner of my property. Are you sure your boundary line is correct?

I had an acreage with a few power poles and some govt authroity used to come out and check them every few years. One ricky old pole was condemed and we had to get a replacement. From memory it only cost something like $5k including installation and rehooking up the wires - about 10 years ago now.

Back