Cost to Polish Floorboards

Been an impossible task trying to get anyone to do one for me here on
the central coast , finally the fifth phone call , someone came to quote
and doing the job for $1600 for 2 bedroom lounge,dinning, kitchen.

I have to do the same in Central Coast. Would you mind giving me their contact details?

Cheers,
Dreamgirl

I have to do the same in Central Coast. Would you mind giving me their contact details?

Cheers,
Dreamgirl

I know a great floorer on the coast who does these jobs.

Very reasonable and did our original PPOR, floors came up absolutely stunning and around 30% cheaper than quoted from other 'big name' floorers in the area.

Happy to PM you their details if you like.

Cheers,
Dreamgirl

This is the only guy I could get to come and quote ,
the others I made appointments with but never showed.

Town and country floorsanding. 0400076261

He lives down one of the Valleys out the back of Wyong
so his mobile reception is not the best.

I never got to meet him in person due to working in Sydney
but he seemed an honest person , even told me about
breaking a plastic clip on Venetian blind and seemed upset
about it and is looking to find me another , would never
have known if he did not mention it.

Will use him in a few months time when I finish another.

I know a great floorer on the coast who does these jobs.

Very reasonable and did our original PPOR, floors came up absolutely stunning and around 30% cheaper than quoted from other 'big name' floorers in the area.

Happy to PM you their details if you like.

Yes please...

I've done floorboards myself but definitely prefer getting someone in to do the job for me. It was around $30 per square meter from memory. If you do it yourself it will generally take 3 days to complete the job, so really it pays to have someone to do it for you. Otherwise you could look at putting in cheap carpet so its easier to maintain for new tenants and it might save you the drama and extra costs down the track if you're only planning to rent it out.

I'm tossing up whether the floorboards are worth polishing or not in an ip.
Have Tassie oak floorboards,was initially thinking of just cleaning and varnishing.
PM has suggested laying carpet down to protect the floorboards.
Though i like floorboards in a ppor,i think it would be more practical to go on the PM's suggestion.
Cheers Spades.

Carpet will deteriorate a lot more quickly than properly varnished floorboards IMO.

I have sanded and polished Tassie oak- it was OK for a small 1BR unit, but I'd get it done professionally if it was appropriate for the place. The difference between amateur and professional is outstanding.

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your input...Floorboards are the least of priorities atm.
Off topic : Dealing with tradies is a pet hate and they should be in government where they'd fit right in.
A few price quotes with a couple k difference is immorally wrong and are just vultures.
And i'm referring to different tradies,there some good honest/quality ones around but few and far between.

Cheers Spades.

Last edited:
Spades- it may be worth trying quotes requested from a website, like serviceseeking.com.au - it would weed out some vultures without spending much effort.

Spades- it may be worth trying quotes requested from a website, like serviceseeking.com.au - it would weed out some vultures without spending much effort.

Thanks Geoff,
I meant to use service central but was looking at websites for reviews/feedback and local rags.Some of the rogues on these websites i rung were quoting a couple k on top and that's just for labour as i've sourced all materials for reno.

Anyhow got a a quick few replys this morning via service central and very happy with the 1st guy who showed up.He has good feedback,nice guy and straight to the point and well priced.

Cheers Spades.

Cheapo floor sanders are likely to be more trouble than they're worth - having tried and failed myself previously. Do yourself a favour and hire a reputable professional to do it. It's worth the cost.

Back