Council flat out

there is suppose to be a slowdown yet I just submitted plans to council and when I asked for a timeframe he said they are back logged and still looking at March applications. not sure how this fits in with supplyiong our housing shortage?!

this would seem a pretty good barometer tho of the health of the construction industry?

Ausprop,

I have several applications currently in front of 3 different councils, some of these applications have been with them for over 14 months.

Trust me it's not the state of the market it's purely the way in which councils have positioned themselves to be the masters of delays.

Mark

what shire John?

i may be able to nudge it along for you.

in all honesty - who is going to work for the govt now the FBT changes are in and the wage is about 65-70% that of the private sector?

some shires only have 1 or 2 town planners now - BIG shires too. Stirling has 4 left from memory.

there is suppose to be a slowdown yet I just submitted plans to council and when I asked for a timeframe he said they are back logged and still looking at March applications. not sure how this fits in with supplyiong our housing shortage?!

this would seem a pretty good barometer tho of the health of the construction industry?

My parents have a DA with Hornsby Shire Council for nearly two years now... Okay, yes it is a residential house into agricultural land, which means all sorts of environmental impact studies have to be done... But 2 years?? We're building a holiday house dammit, not the Holiday Inn!

Sunder,

You have my sympathies.

I have submitted a 100% compliant application, supported by EPA approval, federal EPBC approval & a Dr of Ecology in relation to buffers sizes. BCC has an ecologist not long out of uni who has never been to the site and who has knocked it back with out supplying any details.

Venting will not however solve the problem of councils having limited staff with limited experience.

Mark

I agree with Blue Card.

In WA at the moment I think it is more reflective of our skills shortage than strong housing demand. My Council can't get planners and they are fighting each other for 2nd year students who can name their terms.

Crazy times.

builders also flat out

I recently caught up with our builder 6 months after completing a PPOR renovation. They apparently are still flat out and things are still as busy as they were (here in Perth) about a year ago and tradies still very hard to get

what shire John?

i may be able to nudge it along for you.

in all honesty - who is going to work for the govt now the FBT changes are in and the wage is about 65-70% that of the private sector?

some shires only have 1 or 2 town planners now - BIG shires too. Stirling has 4 left from memory.

any contacts at busselton BC? the design fully complies.

Back