Council telling us to build a road. Costs?

Hi guys,

Basically my dad bought a block of land last year and the plan was to build two houses.

We submitted a DA plan, which got rejected as the council had provisions to build a road, which the solicitor did not pick up when we were buying the place.

Anyway, the council has told us to build two houses, we have to give them a part of our land for the road to be built and they stated that we would also have to build the road for them.

The dimensions of the road that we have to build as specified by the council are 3m width (only half the proposed road is on our land) by 29 m length.

Can anyone refer me to someone or a company who builds roads up to specification of Campbelltown City Council and a rough estimate as we have no clue how much it is going to cost us.

Thanks for the help.

Mohammad

Call a company like boral asphalt and they may give you an idea on the supply price of this product, 29 meters should not be that much?
then you could get some grading contractors to price the rest.
should be ok , :)

Hi, it's not that bad. It'll increase your costs but that happens to devt unfortunately.

It should be no more than $100 per m2 and that is I think the top estimate.

I've found that council can do the work more cheaply and efficiently.

You have to submit your paperwork early because they take a long time to get back to you.

I asked for a quote and they took 3 weeks.

Their quote was 30% less than my own contractor and they were quick.

For us, asphalt was $15/m2 but might be more now. Cement was 70-90

There might be preparation costs eg digging etc

I had to do 153m but I knew about it and had factored it into costs.

Good luck,
KY

Back