Creatting Opportunities

Years ago when I was running courses on property investing, one of the main excuses I heard was "but that example was purchased in a down market, you can't do that now"

When the earth shifts, gold veins are exposed.

The economy now is different, shifting and changing. There are new opportunities being created, entrepreneurs and investors planting seeds right now for the next harvest in years to come.

I speak to many people who are starting over, looking for new and different ways and inventing new strategies. I see so many fantastic things starting right now and still in their infancy and those people are positioning themselves to be tomorrows millionaires.

The economy as it stands is offering lots of opportunities, what are you doing right now that is new and different but is setting you up for the future?

I was thinking about becoming a guru, starting a website about selling property/wealth related services and infesting some forums talking about wealth/money/opportunities as a precursor to getting hits on my website...

hopefully i can entice some investors to my seminars :)

I'll keep you guys posted

I was thinking about becoming a guru, starting a website about selling property/wealth related services and infesting some forums talking about wealth/money/opportunities as a precursor to getting hits on my website...

if you have information and ideas that others deem valuable, then power to you.

i see opportunity in the smallest things.

someone once told me "niche markets are the best. that one inch crack in the pavement might be a mile deep, and no one would know, because everyone just keeps stepping over it"

Gold.
It is getting to be a pretty saturated market though...

someone once told me "niche markets are the best. that one inch crack in the pavement might be a mile deep, and no one would know, because everyone just keeps stepping over it"

I agree. Somtimes focusing on the big picture stops people from seeing these micro opportunities. Nathan has a niche; so does Melbournian; I'm sure there are many others here. I am currently working on my own. Even in a 'down' market there are still thousands of transactions being made, millions of dollars changing hands & people are still buying.

I think creating new opportunities needs to go beyond the information age, that's already been tapped into by a large degree.

age of wisdom thinking involves more implementation than information.

I am seeing opportunities in NSW that have not existed for about 12 years now.

I feel like a kid in candy store....the stuff I am buying are lower middle class suburbs. The yields I am seeing are 7.5-8.5% which pretty much covers your costs.

Given the drop in building...rents in NSW can only go up.

I lot of peope I talk to are skeptical...but I will keep plodding.

The other opportunity I see is interest rates....I feel that they have peaked and the next move is down....my crystal ball tells me Sept/Oct this year.

haha thats gold

Hey ...that sound like a Manipulatorous.....I am just a specufester. :D

I am seeing opportunities in NSW that have not existed for about 12 years now.

I feel like a kid in candy store....the stuff I am buying are lower middle class suburbs. The yields I am seeing are 7.5-8.5% which pretty much covers your costs.

Given the drop in building...rents in NSW can only go up.

I lot of peope I talk to are skeptical...but I will keep plodding.

The other opportunity I see is interest rates....I feel that they have peaked and the next move is down....my crystal ball tells me Sept/Oct this year.

Hey Sash, well done. How did you position yourself to be buying in a down market?

I run an equity conversion model. I develop, at whatever price, improve the land, and sell with intent to keep something left over. Up and down markets don't concern me - when the market is high, contractors charge like wounded bulls, but you sell at high prices to make it up. In down markets, contractors charge day labour rates to stay alive and not lose their houses, but I sell at lower prices. It's the same for me - put a complex together, and regardless of the nominal price, one apartment is MINE. Worth a dollar or a million, I don't care - it's MINE. And I'm not selling it - my kids can keep it or I'll give the ******* away - It's mine.

All those developers out there looking to build and sell the lot for profit - good luck to them. They can take their temporary profits and spend them on hookers and cocaine, until a downturn comes and they go bankrupt, with ferraris swapped over for corollas - but what I kill I keep. You can't tax or take away something paid off in my name. Leave it there, tennant it out, and move on to the next one, upturn or down. So long as the numbers match the model (I'm a financial athiest and stick to the model like glue, whether your'e a bum off the street or Mother Teresa) then you keep going and your portfolio is impregnable.

I maybe wrong but I think that's sarcasm? :confused:

I'm basically starting over which is probably not a bad thing. Looking back, if I had been successful in my past venture, I would have made enough $$$ but not learn anything and probably would have lost it all anyway.

I would have been more successful if I followed my instinct. Nowadays, I'm following my instinct more, studying, learning from experience and mistakes of others, taking baby steps preparing for opportunities that doesn't exist yet but I know is there.

Last edited:
Riding High,

I have to come to Xenia's defence. I have NEVER seen her explicitly try to sell anything here.

I agree that it's not perhaps completely wise to have a link to her website attached to her signature, but what makes her any different to so many others like PT Bear, Depreciator, Rolf, and the rest of the many fantastic yet 'commercial' contributors that you've never attacked (to my limited knowledge, at any rate)?

Of course Xenia is 'open to business'. But that's why we're all here - to talk business! All of us here (I assume) are in the investing business in one way or another, and it's bloody unfair of you - to say nothing of downright hypocritical - to say that she's doing business here and you're not.

You're benefitting from the selfless contributions of every experienced investor on this forum to your own advantage with every insight you garner from their posts, so don't come with this BS that you're not 'doing business' yourself too!

Xenia is admitting with her weblink exactly where she's coming from, and caveat emptor applies. If Xenia were concealing this, and then privately PM'ing newbies, that would be another matter entirely. And knowing her only by her posts, I strongly suggest that she is a person of far too much integrity to ever conceive of entertaining such an idea!

If it's a consequence of reading Xenia's posts that somebody actually clicks on her weblink, then more fool them, in my opinion. I've got no time for her business offerings personally. But by jove I'm glad I found Depreciator's services here, and I've learned more than I could possibly repay from others here who services I now believe I should have used in the past but for my ignorance!

If it's the tone or prose of Xenia's contributions that infuriates you, then a polite PM suggesting to tone it down would I'm sure be politely appreciated ;), but this all-out public character assassination you're undertaking is just . . . well out of order!

Belpo thanks for that well balanced response (I'm imagining you might be slightly older and wiser than RH - but could be wrong ;))

I'm a firm believer that if you don't have a link back to what you do and who you are people have no idea how to connect with you. Like you mentioned the services of Depreciator have been something that was positive for you.

Most of us in "sales" choose our clients (as well as them choosing us), it's the 80/20 Parieto principle, we don't waste time selling to the 80% who are not interested. But we don't want to be hiding from the 20% who are.

Gosh I wish I could put up my real estate link - in a legal battle at the moment, I'm in the process of making some solicitors very rich - so not allowed to publicise it :( yet ------- watch this space though ;)

All right, you've got me intrigued: Tell me, what this wisdom age - implementation claptrap you're on about is, Xenia?

probably an immature comeback on RH from my end but I was comparing the "maturity" of your comments to his. The age thing was just a speculation.

Oh!

It's the next age of human consciousness we are moving into or my interpretation of a bunch of religious principles, mindset techniques and philosophies. The type of mindset woo woo stuff I speak about at seminars that I dare not get into here....

Back