cutting employer super contrib.

My god, here we go again...you repeat a lie enough times and it becomes a truth. It WAS NOT $42 billion dollars worth of handouts. The "handouts" (of which I might add there is significant evidence of how it has helped underpin spending/support jobs in retail and the travel/hospitality industries) included provisions for school infrastructure projects, roads, a rebate on insulation (also supporting/underpinning employment as well as benefiting the environment) and money for the murray river.

TH

The comment about the '$42 billion dollars' was a direct quote from Noel Whittaker's article. He is a very respected author and writer - with a reputation to protect, I might add - and I cannot see him making up such a figure. :rolleyes:

As to the rest, that remains nothing but pure 'political spin' at the moment. There has not been sufficient time elapse for accurate figures to be collected to substantiate whether such programs are - or are not - successful.

But there is plenty of evidence that politicians - of both political persuasions - are capable of promising much and delivering precious little!

Cheers
LynnH

Public servants aren't the only ones getting super. If you stopped that you would expect those in private enterprise to have it cease also.

I'm sure there would be more than a little whinging there too.

I'm a public servant but my small business husband pays his own plus that of another 4 to 5 employees :rolleyes: all to earn well under 100K.

So back to the start, they are goign to be getting the 9% minimum still?

Yes they will still get the 9%, the extra is usually matched by the employee himself. Eg, employee contributes 4% (mandatory QLD Police) and the emploer gives another 4%).

This was one of the suggestions, no extra super in liu of actual pay rise...i'd take the pay rise thanks.

Back