Dale GG in Brisbane

Dear Felicity,

Thanks for passing on the info.

Now we just have to get Dale up to Brisbane. :-----------)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Originally posted by Sunstone
Dear Felicity,

Thanks for passing on the info.

Now we just have to get Dale up to Brisbane. :-----------)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Hiya Sunstone!

I'd love the chance to come up. I was booked to go up last year through the Freestylers, but, it just never happened . . .

If you can arrange enough people, I'll come up.

And, after everything that Jan & Ian have done for us, there is no cost from me to do so - I know it's small bikkies, but, I feel that I am giving something back to them for their inspiration.

Have fun and hopefully I can catch you this year.

Dale

Dale and Sunstone,

I too would love to see Dale come to Brissy. We have a Conference Room at work (holds 30-35 people) and I could provide at no cost just to get the man to Brisbane

Would that help the cause!!

Ok, I give up...

Perhaps we need a "Professionals Capalaba sponsored" Dale Talk...

Hmmm...

DALE? What do you think?

How can we make this happen?

asy :D

Dear guys,

Sounds good.

KieranK,

Where is the location? Is it available nights?

Asy,

I think we can support your plug for this one :--------) Does that include Pizza? *laughs*

Maybe this could be combined with Donna's idea for a combined Somersoft/MSN Forum meeting. Who know's there may be some value in making it a monthly type of Brisbane event?

What is a good target date? Can we complete the first one within February?

Cheers,

Sunstone.

HI

If you can make it about 6 to 10 weeks from now, then, I'll be there. Just tell me where to show up and what time . . .

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to it!

Dale

Sunstone,

Our office is in Wickham Terrace, Spring Hill (opposite the Sheraton and Central Station) - so people could come by train or park in the Turbot Street Car Park.

I need to keep staff back to assist with administration and co-ordination. So, I was going to suggest a 4pm start (I am assuming Dale would want the floor for an hour - would that be enough, Dale??) so we would finish at 5pm, then network for 30 -60 mins and turf you out of the building before 6pm when the doors are locked. :D :D :D

We are flexible so, if some other arrangemnets would be better, let me know and I will see whether we can accommodate.

I am a newbie (my 5th post) - already I have already gotten a lot out of this forum, read two of Jan's books in the last fortnight (over Xmas/New Year) and bought the PIA software plus running some properties through it. By the way, our room has a whiteboard, datashow projector and OHP screen. I would be happy to provide coffee on arrival (say from 3:45pm) and provide some beers and wines after the presentation. This would be my way of saying thanks for all the the help I have received so far. If Asy wants to sponsor the session, I am happy with that too.

Dale,

Mid to late March would suit me. January is too soon; I am off to Hong Kong in Febuary (life is tough for some!!!); have another seminar to organise in early March. Let me know a date in mid to late March and we can lock it in.

XBenX,

I have a copy of Dales's book on back order - join the queue!!! :) :)

KieranK

Keiran,

I'll come straight out and tell you what I am thinking... (how unusual for me!)

I don't think that 2 hours is enough time.

If Dale talks for an hour, there will be AT LEAST another hour of questions from the floor. Trust me...

Also, 4pm is too early to start, I feel. Can we use your venue after 6pm?

I am happy to do what I can to sponsor and co-ordinate. I will also 'man' the door on the night if required.

What do others think? Sunstone? Dale?

Dear Kieran,

Location sounds good but Asy is right. If we want to maximise the amount of people that attend on the night (thereby making full use of Dale's time and networking opportunities) a 6:00/6:30pm + start would be much better.

If you have security doors maybe like Asy says we have someone at the door to let people in. Let us know if this is difficult or possible but again much earlier than this and I think we will be preparing ourselves for a poorer than wanted turnout.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Sunstone and Asy (and Dale),

Now I am confused :confused: :confused:

In other threads on this Forum, people are saying that a drive across Melb (even for 2-3 hours) to see Dale is worth it; others from Sydney, Brisbane, etc are saying that they fly to Melb to see Dale and they believe it is worth it. I know I am a newbie but, from all the posts I have read, I would have thought serious people who really wanted to see Dale could re-arrange their schedules for a 4pm start (after all, it is at at little/no cost to them). I hear people re-arrange their schedules to go to the cricket - I have seen it on TV - I would have thought for serious people (the ones we want along to this meeting!!) a 4pm start would be OK (I am serious and I would make time to see Dale at whatever time he was presenting - 2pm, 2am, ..... whatever). By the way, I feel better now that I got that off my chest!!!

Now for the serious (there is that word again) bit. The real problem I have is that our building doors are locked at 6pm (or shortly afterwards). I have a key but, for security reasons, it is our company's policy that we only let in people who we know (had two thefts last year after 5:30pm and one was my wallet!!!). Access to floors in the building via lifts is also switched off after 6pm (except for the Ground Floor, so people can also get out of the building via lifts and the front door). Given these constraints, do you feel the following is workable:

5:15pm Registration and Coffee
5:30pm Presentation Start (late arrivals can still attend)
6:30pm Question Time Start
7:00pm Networking Start
7:30pm We all go home

Your thoughts.

Hi

We ran out of books just before Christmas and are waiting on the printer to open again to collect a shipment. However, I am well aware that the API magazine and their shop "businessmall.com" have some if anyone is waiting.

Nearly all of the talks that I have done thus far have gone for between 2 to 3 hours depending upon the audience. Does that pose a problem Keiran for your plans?

Late March suits me nicely.

You guys work out the dates and I'll be there.

Dale

Hi all...

hey Dale, do you feel like you're trapped in a snowball yet? hehe

I have split the Sydney thread off because we had more discussion about BNE in there than SYD!

OK, now to the discussion...

I have NO problem with starting at 4pm, that suits me fine... I was thinking of other ppl's getting there.

I still don't think 2 hours is long enough. :)

I suggest, if we are to use Keiren's venue (which seems the easiest and best solution/offer thus far! :) Thanks Keiren!) it would be best, if we have to be out by 7.30, to start earlier. Also, given the building security constraints, I think it would be best if we were all in and settled by 5.30 anyway.

I propose the following:

Start talk: 4.30
End Talk: 5.30
Questions: 5.30 till 6.30 or 7
Cuppa: till 7.30
Chuck everyone out in a big group: 7.30 (or later if needed)

Can interested people either email me or PM me and let's get some preliminary numbers.
[email protected]

Asy,

Great idea to split this away from the Sydney thread.

Dale,

When you say "Nearly all of the talks that I have done thus far have gone for between 2 to 3 hours", is that including question time or do you mean that your talk goes for 2 to 3 hours and question time after that??

I will assume that it is the former - that is, the 2 to 3 hours includes question time.

Hi everyone,

On that basis, I feel that Asy's suggestion is the way to go - start the session at 4:30pm (with registration at 4:15pm) and finish at 7:30pm. We can structure the three hours based on Dale's and the audience's need.

I will check the schedule for our Conference Room to ascertain availability. We find that Mondays and Fridays normally aren't good nights - this leaves Tuesday to Thursdays nights. Is everyone happy for me to select a date in mid to late March and we lock in on it??

KieranK

Hi

I do not plan my talks at all. And, I allow questions from the start as this allows the talk to ebb and flow in the direction that the audience would like it to go.

The other talks that I have done have taken between 2 and 3 hours in total which does include questions.

For what it is worth, Tuesday night would be better for me than Thursday. However, I am not too worried which night you choose.

Have fun and thank you for your kindness.

Dale

Silly question - what issues do you tend to talk about? Do you do Melbourne talks?

(Now, that seems like a dumb question since you are in Melbourne, but a group talk obviously has a different dynamic to a one-on-one consultation).

Thanks

Hi

I spoke to a group of people in Nov from the Melbourne MSN forum about "structures" and IP's. The feedback was very flattering and since no one threw anything at me, I guess it cannot have been too bad . . .

In May or early June last year, I spoke to the Freestyler group about the same thing.

Have fun

Dale

Originally posted by DaleGG

For what it is worth, Tuesday night would be better for me than Thursday. However, I am not too worried which night you choose.

Dale

Hi Everyone,

I have checked the schedule for our Conference Room and selected Tue 18 March.

Dale, can you lock that date in?

I am a newbie at this - what is the next step?? How do people register the interest in attending??

KieranK

Great Keiren!!

Thanks!

Registration is easy, I am already getting emails to [email protected] and I am collating these.

Also if anyone would like to register by phone, my number is 0413 7333 26. (But I would really rather emails, that way it's easier to keep track of!

Asy,

That's great that we are getting numbers already.

Our Conference Room handles 30-35 very comfortably, 45-50 in a squeeze (that is, hanging off the rafters!!). For work seminars, we find about 20-25% of the registrants do not turn up on the day.

Hence, I would draw the line at 50 registrations. If they all turn up, we can handle them; if 20-25% don't turn up, we will still have a great show!!

Don't forget to include me in the fifty and my Financial Director (wife) will be there as well - you other guys better get in quick!!!

KieranK

Back