damage to the timber floor

HI All,

While we are in holiday on a rented house, accidently damage the timber floor ( Hot oil saucepan dropped and damage to the polished floor) by one of our member.

So do we have to pay for everything or what is the procedure?

HI All,

While we are in holiday on a rented house, accidently damage the timber floor ( Hot oil saucepan dropped and damage to the polished floor) by one of our member.

Some one has to pay, Bond??

Would you expect one of your tenants to pay? or would you cop it on the chin?

Dave

HI All,

At least it wasn't your member that was damaged.:)

Cheers

Pete

Hi,

We didn't have any sign thing but what are the legal side of thing? i'm sure they are insured that property so do we have to pay only access ?

Pete, :)

thanks,

Hi,

Someone tell me the procedure thats what i want. What is the correct way to pay for that damage?

Thanks,

Hi,

It Was book through the stayz.com.au and then we were contacted by the owner through emails.

Thanks,

Ok, get in touch with the owner asap and start talking bout what can be done - i.e. discuss your above point about seeing if they will accept payment of excess if they are insured etc.

Cheers,

The Y-man

yes, do the right thing.

Get 2-3 quotes from timber floor repair guys, in writing.
Then present them to the owner and discuss.
You should pay the average quote price to the owner before you leave.

That seems the fairest.
The owner can then get the work done during the off season, as doing the work now will mean the owners will be out of pocket for rent also.The work will probably take the best part of a week, with sanding/ varnishing timber and allowing it to dry.

It is a stain mark size of a plate. So i'll call the owner and ask abt the insurence.

what will happen if said NO?

Pls Help

Hi All,

This is a Holiday House booked private.I told him to send few quotes Now he deduct from my Credit Card and sending the email saying need to polished whole area and costing that amount and deducted.

Can he deduct my money?

Is he need a full insurence to run that holiday home? or Sort of a license?

He is telling he don't have an accidentel Insurence?

Didn't send me any quotes?

What can i do? :mad:

He should have given at least 2 quotes.

What were the terms of your lease - maybe read them.

If he has deducted from Visa contact your bank and ask them to reverse payment.

If you are still not satisfied and think you are being ripped off make an application to the Consumer Trader & Tenancy Tribunal and sort it out there

if he's being a ******, reverse the credit card charges (you can do this by challenging the amount with your bank and they will then ask for proof from the landlord as to any paperwork related to the charge)

Then sort it out at the CTTT..

Otherwise cop it on the chin, but if he's not going to do the right thing by you, as you are by him, then I would play hard ball.

To be honest I don't think he has much to stand on without any contracts signed.

Hi All,

This is a Holiday House booked private.I told him to send few quotes Now he deduct from my Credit Card and sending the email saying need to polished whole area and costing that amount and deducted.

Can he deduct my money?

Is he need a full insurence to run that holiday home? or Sort of a license?

He is telling he don't have an accidentel Insurence?

Didn't send me any quotes?

What can i do? :mad:

You seem to be able to want to damage this person's property and walk away.Just because he didn't make you sign a contract with all the conditions?
I feel bad for the owner. He let you rent his property, and now he is propbably worse off and lost money from renting to you. How is that fair?
You admitted your rental party did the damage.Did the handle fall of the pot someone was carrying and spilled the oil? Was the owner somehow to blame?

Do the right thing.

Back