damage to the timber floor

I think cosy wants to do the right thing, but it's a bit hard when the owner won't even provide quotes for the work required.

I don't think the owner is required to go around and get quotes. He is getting the floor repaired, and has billed the client accordingly.
Maybe Cosy would like to share the price he was charged to his credit card.
Maybe it was an outrageous amount.
Don't forget, everyday this owner doesn't have it repaired, the value of his property is down, and every day the repairmen are there, it can't be rented. Maybe he was adding in these additional costs as well.

Maybe when he provided the credit card, he agreed , without understanding or reading the terms, that he already agreed to pay for all damages that incurs due to his fault. (like when you rent a car)

I don't think the owner is required to go around and get quotes. He is getting the floor repaired, and has billed the client accordingly.
Maybe Cosy would like to share the price he was charged to his credit card.
Maybe it was an outrageous amount.
Don't forget, everyday this owner doesn't have it repaired, the value of his property is down, and every day the repairmen are there, it can't be rented. Maybe he was adding in these additional costs as well.

Maybe when he provided the credit card, he agreed , without understanding or reading the terms, that he already agreed to pay for all damages that incurs due to his fault. (like when you rent a car)

Too many maybe's for my liking... if the owner didn't have a lease agreement then that is his own recklesness.

Im not saying cosy shouldn't pay for repairs, but there is a proper way to do things and this case is the perfect example why.

HI,

Thanks, I'm trying to do the correct thing. I just ask him to send a quote and admit that damage done by one of our member by accident. But he just
cut my money and send the email saying we have done some damage and we were deduct that big amount to paint whole floor.

Only my question is

1. Is it legal to deduct my cc without telling me?
2. Can he run the holiday house without full insurance?
3. Without any sign doc's can he keep my money?

kathryn d, .......... ? :rolleyes:

You gave him your credit card details. Many times there is a list of terms and conditions that go along with it, such as agreeing to pay for any damage incurred there.
If you gave your credit card, you have accepted responsibility.

After reading conditions that apply when renting a motel room...yes, you are responsible, and by providing the cc you have given permission.
Why would he need to claim on his insurance, and make those premiums higher, when it wasn't his fault, and he has your credit card authorizing payment?

How much is this charge from the vendor?

If you had a tenant doing this to you, I'd bet you be jumping up and down.

This is one of the reason vendors take credit cards.

This is a commercial vacation rental.By taking quotes etc he is delaying getting repairs and costing more money.

Back