Daniel Morcombe

Unfortunately your 'rockspider' will become a protected specie behind bars :mad:

Not so. Just spoke to a bloke on Fri who had come out after a 3 month stretch. All the prisoners will demand to see his "papers" and if he doesn't show them they will assume the worst and start targeting him. Injuring or killing a kiddie fiddler will increase rep behind bars and for many long termers it breaks the boredom.

As a protected prisoner he will still at times need to interact with some of the prison populace but more importantly staffing restrictions will prevent his full time supervision.

Martyn Bryant got the boiling water treatment a few months back. This guy can expect the same.

As a protected prisoner he will still at times need to interact with some of the prison populace but more importantly staffing restrictions will prevent his full time supervision.

A prisoner under protection is removed entirely from main stream regime prison population at all times. The only way harm can come to them is from other prisoners also segregated from main stream regime.

A prisoner under protection is removed entirely from main stream regime prison population at all times. The only way harm can come to them is from other prisoners also segregated from main stream regime.

This guy I spoke to was in high Security on CP download charges (a 2nd fav behind kiddie fiddlers) - only got assaulted once in the 3 months with another close call when he relocated. He was in protective custody- but it is Qld we are talking about here.

these offenders are often not rehabilitated and will repeat their crimes again.

it is beyond words the damage done to the victims or their families.

the offender usually has a sad/damaged history. for their benefit and the rest of society it would be better/humane to end their story.

but that will not happen. so the bad things keep happening.

i feel for the families of their victims. some would say putting the offender down will not bring back the victim, true, but they will not repeat the crime again.

Such a beautiful little boy.

What he had to endure & now what his parents are going though is unimaginable for me. Cannot read the full updates in the papers - too distressing.

My wife commented last night that with the reasonably calm exterior of the father and the obvious physical distress of the mother, she made the assumption that ;

- the father had resigned himself to the fact that his son was dead long ago

- the mother still held out hope that he might come home alive, and now that hope was being dashed away.

It was a woman / motherly thing. I didn't see it myself.

I agree the father may have known his son wan no longer alive.

But having to read through the umpteen pages of the review that included paedophiles' statements about Daniel would have been soul-destroying.

Knowing your child has been murdered - horrendous. Knowing the details include abuse - I think I would lose my mind.

No matter how hopeless a situation appears, hope usually flickers within.

I remember being astonished at my shock on hearing of my father's death. He had been in a coma with advanced Alzheimers, but my first reaction was disbelief. Clearly deep down I was harbouring some sort of hope that things would end up better than my head knew was inevitable.
Marg

I heard the screws like to join in the fun as well. I hope they do for this guy anyway.

Not so. Just spoke to a bloke on Fri who had come out after a 3 month stretch. All the prisoners will demand to see his "papers" and if he doesn't show them they will assume the worst and start targeting him. Injuring or killing a kiddie fiddler will increase rep behind bars and for many long termers it breaks the boredom.

Martyn Bryant got the boiling water treatment a few months back. This guy can expect the same.

I heard the screws like to join in the fun as well. I hope they do for this guy anyway.

:confused: What year do you think we're living in? I doubt they would get away with that sort of thing these days (which is a shame in regards to this mongrel piece of turd). As someone else said, he/it will become a protected species whilst it rots in gaol (again - a shame). :mad:

I thought you were a member of the legal profession, CU?

Vigilantism (i.e. taking revenge outside the law) - even in prison - is unlawful, is it not?

Whatever the crime, our justice system must surely never be a willing advocate of vigilantism, just as, nor ever should any officer of the court.

Certainly, the offender deserves the full punishment of the law: no less, and - equally - no more.

This is not a 'soft' option: It is a defining principle of our justice system. The mob's fury towards the offender is not sufficient to inform our legal system's task. Particularly as, once incarcerated, responsibility for the protection of all prisoners falls upon our legal system, and any failure in that area can't but harm the community's respect for the propriety and effectiveness of that legal system.

I'm not defending a paedophile: I'm defending the integrity of what seeks to protect our community from them. Better our justice system retain its community's respect, than it be publicly seen as complicit in any unlawful treatment of a prisoner (no matter how reviled and hated by that same community).

Back