Dealing With ANZ's Indian Call Center

Received an email from Sumit at ANZ Home Loans Progress Payments department about a small problem with the final stage of a development loan. He wanted me to call him to sort it out. Fair enough.

Sumit however turned out to be at ANZ's Indian call center at Nagavara and Rachenhalli Villages, Hobli, Bangalore East - 560 045, INDIA.

I'm not a big fan of ANZ outsourcing work over seas and have had issues with the inefficiency of ANZ's outsourced work in the past. So I was not expecting a very pleasant or successful call.

Turned out that Sumit spoke excellent English with minimal accent, was very professional, good at his job, gave a more than acceptable level of service and sorted out the problem within a few minutes.

In Summary : Still do not like outsourcing of banking work to India but (in this case) they did a good job so no whinging and bitching next time I need to deal with Indian based bank employees.

Received an email from Sumit at ANZ Home Loans Progress Payments department about a small problem with the final stage of a development loan. He wanted me to call him to sort it out. Fair enough.

Sumit however turned out to be at ANZ's Indian call center at Nagavara and Rachenhalli Villages, Hobli, Bangalore East - 560 045, INDIA.

I'm not a big fan of ANZ outsourcing work over seas and have had issues with the inefficiency of ANZ's outsourced work in the past. So I was not expecting a very pleasant or successful call.

Turned out that Sumit spoke excellent English with minimal accent, was very professional, good at his job, gave a more than acceptable level of service and sorted out the problem within a few minutes.

In Summary : Still do not like outsourcing of banking work to India but (in this case) they did a good job so no whinging and bitching next time I need to deal with Indian based bank employees.

Ni hao Mindmaster

ANZ used to try to hide the outsourcing, but now it is clearly advertised in the footers of emails etc and brokers deal with the Indian staff all the time. I must say I have only had a few small problems, but overall it seems to be working very well with them.

Admittedly this thread is not an exciting or controversial and lacks pretty piccies. Staff working for outsourced bank services are being constantly criticised, condemned and castigated. This thread is to show they can do a decent job and don't always deserve the negativity they receive.

Scott Has No Mates - I called the number they gave me which was 13 25 99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, good on you Brendon (Mindmaster), there are some pricks on here who think they're Gods gift to the forum.

Good thread, as you say because of the general negativity towards these call centres.

Im glad they are beginning to realise not everyone can understand those very strong accents.

Nah, good on you Brendon (Mindmaster), there are some pricks on here who think they're Gods gift to the forum.

Good thread, as you say because of the general negativity towards these call centres.

Im glad they are beginning to realise not everyone can understand those very strong accents.

No worries, all posts here are in good faith and in jest. To be fair, this thread is boring and featureless. Seemed like a good idea at the time...

Did you talk cricket with him Brendon?

Maybe Sumit was happy that IND got away with a draw ;)

Sumit gave his condolences for Hughes and praised him as a cricketer.

It's a part of day to day life to deal with outsourced bank staff, especially with our friends at ANZ. Much like the OP, I've found quite a few of the staff to be excellent but as usual a few completely underperform - just like any workforce in the end.

I enjoy the cricket conversations with these guys. It always impresses me so much how much they know about Australian cricket.

Cricket is almost a religion to them so they know all the teams. I caught up with my old team yesterday who are here on 457s before the project is moved to India for remote work.

They were excited they got tickets to the finals of the series which will be England, India and Australia. Not knowing who is going to be in the finals their plan is to barrack for Australia if it's England V Australia and go for India if it's India v Australia or England :)

Brendan - good to hear that you got a positive experience and all was sorted out for you.

I have dificulty dealing with some of the anz assessors. Im quite forward in vigorously arguing my case. I get the impression I have convinced them and a lot of the time I do, but sometimes I find the assessors then overturn what I thoguht was their decision when it comes to putting it in writing. I think its a cultural thing, thinking it rude to say no when in conversation.

The service and professionalism has grown immensly over the last 4 or 5 years. I remember some of the first 'approved subject to' faxes I received from india were like crazy shopping lists for pedants. These days its much smoother 90% of the time.

Last edited:
It's a part of day to day life to deal with outsourced bank staff, especially with our friends at ANZ. Much like the OP, I've found quite a few of the staff to be excellent but as usual a few completely underperform - just like any workforce in the end.

This. All depends on the person - I think they're well trained and educated to perform an equal quality job as local staff. It's just a matter of who you get. ANZs assessors have been brilliant for me to date, long may it continue!

I have dificulty dealing with some of the anz assessors.
The main issue I have is the calls they make after hours. I don't have issues with outsourcing but business calls should be tailored towards Aus business hours.

For the most part - I find ANZ assessors pretty good to deal with and the majority of my deals go formal without a hitch. Touch wood!

Cheers

Jamie

The main issue I have is the calls they make after hours. I don't have issues with outsourcing but business calls should be tailored towards Aus business hours.

For the most part - I find ANZ assessors pretty good to deal with and the majority of my deals go formal without a hitch. Touch wood!

Cheers

Jamie

Dealt with banwest during daylight savings time?

Id prefer to have the call after hours than spend days chasing each other.

Back