Debt collector question ?

I had called a tradie to install the aircon.

But later after 4 days I called to cancel as my PM could not get hold of the tenant to arrange day + time to install .

Eventually tenant calls back saying they r moving out ( the lease was up for renewal).
funny coz they agreed on increased rent and extension if the aircon is installed.

Anyways, the tradie was rude and is threatening to drop the aircon at the IP address and send debt collectors after me. He wants me to pick up and pay for the aircon unit.

I suggested to return the merchandise to where ever he bought it from. Found out he bought it from a online website..

i was half inclined to pickup the pay for the aircon unit..but annoyed by his attitude and threat :mad:...what would you do ?

His attitude and making threats aren't good, but he does have a reasonable point. You've engaged him to do a job, he's spent money on equipment for that job and has a reasonable expectation to be compensated.

Get the agent to send the appropriate notifications to the tenant that they will be entering the property with a tradie to install the aircon. If the tenant moves out get another, hopefully with an increased rent. If the tenant decides to stay, increase the rent anyway because you've installed a new aircon.

Pay for the AC unit as thats all the costs he has incurred to date. Then once the tenants move out, get someone else to install it. He wins you win.

Or who knows, call the guy and explain what happened and he may have calmed down and is happy to wait for the vacate date to do the install, if you pay for the unit now to assist his cashflow.

If you ever read the consumer laws in your state you will see that there are valid reasons for getting a refund. A change of mind isn't one of them.

The tradie had initially given me the false impression that he has a sizeable operation and has a warehouse and a arrangement with a supplier who imports aircons in bulk for him from overseas.

so i asked him why does not he return back the unit to supplier...would not affect him or his stock :confused: ( turned out he buys from a online website later just like any other customer :))...

Met with him face to face and paid and picked up the aircon unit. will find someone else to install

meeting face to face was better than ..talking over the phone.:)

Its interesting to see the strategies some small business owners do to falsely portray that they are a big business.

I run a small commercial cleaning business ( started recently).. but never felt a need to do that.

Maybe its different for different people/business ...

Its interesting to see the strategies some small business owners do to falsely portray that they are a big business.

I run a small commercial cleaning business ( started recently).. but never felt a need to do that.

Maybe its different for different people/business ...

yes for some industries its the only way to get your foot in the door, thats why there are so many virtual offices with receptionists answering your call like its a big operation

Back