Deer Park or Point Cook?

Hi, totally agree with that: I have recently got my PPOR in deer park and I am witnessing 10% capital growth already. I am prepared to buy my next investment property. I am looking at suburbs like: altona meadows, seabrook and laverton..any thoughts?

Hey everyone.

I bought an IP in Albanvale in sept 09. It is the northern part of deer park. But block sizes are smaller. Best I could afford.
I think that deer park has a big future growth wise. Large blockes, freeway access plenty of little shopping plazas around. and they are still going to electrify the train line at some stage, and as caroline springs fills up and becomes overpriced they will be developing the blocks in DP.

Good luck

Hi Guys,

Point Cook Real Estate director Kay Righetti said people should not jump to conclusions about reports on rising sea levels. "Point Cook land levels are well above the 'one in a 100 year flood level' and we do not anticipate any long-term issues," she said.

"All modern houses meet minimum ground floor level requirements. The lake level at Sanctuary Lakes is approximately 1.8 metres above sea level and the main boulevard is about 2.5 metres above sea level. The floor levels of houses must be a minimum of 2.8 metres above sea level.

"Areas that would be affected by rising sea levels are older properties where houses were built before these levels were set - and in a modern area like Point Cook this does not apply."

I found this interesting. Sorry no reference

MJK

Heres a very useful vic website

put landchannel into a google search

select interactive map....agree to the disclaimer....type in the address you want info for....choose build map...it will then give options down the side to display info for that particular block....select the contours 1-5 and a contour map showing heights above sea level will appear....it only works on certain zoom levels.

just did a quick check of point cook.....

sanctuary lakes...most of it just around 2m above sea level.

saltwater coast(off homestead road)...2-4m above sea level...this area got quite waterlogged in the big downpour we had

main part of point cook.... west of point cook road from alamanda estate (sneyedes road)to the geelong freeway all between 6-10m above sea level...this area was fine in the downpour.

cheers,
Nathan

no worries MJK,

another useful site is "planning maps online"

it navigates in a similar way and you can get all the planning and zoning info for any particular address.

great for finding out what is required if you are looking to knockdown and rebuild or subdivide anywhere in victoria.

probably the most useful government website relating to property ther is!

Nathan

Back