Developing At The Anchorage Estate, Rockingham

Hi Kenneth

I can confirm that the property at 13 Dominion Way (465sqm land) has been sold for $409k as it was a friends house and my inlaws next door neighbour. Yet I recieved a valuation for my house (585 sqm land 272sqm house) of $390k from the bank. Needless to say I have asked for a revaluation and have provided the relevant comparable sale data . My friend has also listed another cottage house at the end of the street for $429k.

Regards

Regrow

I just saw that Dominion one on re.com - was quite nicely fitted off. that wooden decking under the alfresco was $3-4k alone. The cafe style lights in the kitchen would cost a few bob too. Seems that the alfresco or something was open to the street which I imagine would have receieved a few objections? all in all a good result for forum members tho and it would seem the sub $400 days are being left behind.

Hi asdf

No the property at 13 Dominion Way is not on the lake front but the one at the end of Dominion Way is across the street from a park but does not face the park.

272sqm is total area and 206sqm living.

Regards

Regrow

Dear All,

1. I write to update that my newly completed house at Lot 1667, 21, FitzGibbon road, Rockingham WA 6168, has recently been valued for A$435,000 by Hegney Property Valuations Group. Rental estimate is about A$350 per week as provided by Raine-Horne Rockingham.

2. I have also proceeded to settle for my vacant land purchase at Lot 2012, Anchorage Estate, 26 Eldon Street, Shoalwaters WA 6169, for A$160,000 on 9th Feb 2006.

3. Lot 2012 was actually being released under Stage 16. However, when it was first launched during the Australand Property Exposition in Singapore, ahead of its official land release in Perth, when I first booked it on in 23rd July 2005

4. Though not exactly a lake-front block, nonetheless the future house to be sited at this location at Lot 2012, will have full lake-front views of the entire lake, similar to those lake-front lots which are being reserved by Australand for building their land and townhouse packages.

5. Egan National Valuers has also valued the land at Lot 2012, for A$190,000;- though I suspect that it will probably able to further fetch a higher sale price in the secondary resale market at about A$200,000-$220,000 price range, given the present land "shortage"/limited land supply in the Anchorage Estate.

6. Australand is presently marketing some of its lake-front "land-and-townhouse " packages for about A$508,000-$520,000 price range during their Stage 18. 4-6 townhouses packages were reportedly sold off the plan.

7. For your kind update and further discussion where neccessary, please.

8. Thank you.

regards,
Kenneth KOH

Hi Kenneth

Fantastic news on your recent valuations it sounds as though prices are moving ahead more quickly than we had expected initially. Can you refresh everyones memory regarding the size of the house in Fitzgibbon? I think you had a post previously directing us to all of your houses - is that still available I forget how to get to it.

Well done!

Sparky

Kenneth it would seem you have picked up a bargain with your block with views... I am envious! it is good that the valuers are prescribing the values in excess of $400k now as it is a fair reflection of replacement cost.

Dear Sparky23,

1. House at Lot 1667 is 256m2 living space with high wall/roof.

2. The photo gallery link is presently not available.

Dear Ausprop,

1. Thanks.... It's one of those lucky deals that we happen to get in life. That is why by exception, I am still investing in Stage 16 Land Release, even though I was not, considering it at all previously.

2. I am awaiting for comparable sale evidence for lake-front water views block to achieve A$235,000 in the near future, before I start to build a house on it.

3. For your kind update, please.

4. Thank you.

regards,
Kenneth KOH

Dear All,

1. I write to further update that the 4x2 bedroom house (194m2 lving) at 4, Olympic Place was sold recently for A$420,000 in Feb 2006, through Raine-Horne Rockingham.

2. For your kind update, please.

3. Thank you.

regards,
Kenneth KOH

Hi Kenneth

Many congratulations on your sale - a fantastic result for all of those doubting Thomases to see!

Today my 2 Anchorage blocks have settled & would have increased about $40,000 each since paying my $1,000 deposit per block back in August, I recall even then plenty of people thought I had missed the boat so good thing I took no notice! Once the houses are built I should be $100,000 ahead on each property but at the rate your houses have increased maybe it could be even more by then. I know lots of people who got in much earlier have made a lot more money but I won't be complaining!

Well done!

Sparky

Great house but whats with the beach sand, are they all like this?, do you just run topsoil over the top before landscaping?.

How close to the beach is it?.

no they arent all like that - for some strange reason they havent done the landscape. $4 to $5k will sort that out. maybe they figure the market is hot enough to not have to bother landscaping - or they are divorced or who knows what?? :eek:

Ausprop said:
no they arent all like that - for some strange reason they havent done the landscape. $4 to $5k will sort that out. maybe they figure the market is hot enough to not have to bother landscaping - or they are divorced or who knows what?? :eek:

I probably paid too much but front and back retic, soakwells plus landscape on a 750m2 block with standard 225m2 living (had 35m2 paving too) cost me about $7.5K down in Busso. Maybe do it yourself. Plus internal painting - $4K. Fencing will set you back a couple too. Rebate only $5K so you are well behind. If developers are throwing in landscape and fencing, get them to put it all in, not just a token couple of grand noted on the contract. Unfortunately you can't negotiate with land sales developers in a booming market... :(

Thanks for the info, I think it`s tempting even now to buy this type of property in Perth, although I won`t, the market does sound lke it will continue for quite some time, but I remember also when the market seemed to be heading the same way in Brisabne and just about everywhere else.
It will be interesting to see though if the median does goes way above the 400`s, it would need to, if you entered the market at this point!.

Dear Sparky,

I am so happy for you too over the good capital growth to be achieved for your investments in the Anchorage Estate.

Congratulations!

regards,
Kenneth KOH

> Developing At The Anchorage Estate, Rockingham

Ausprop said:
Dear Ausprop,

1. Just to clarify and to avoid giving a "wrong" picture about the extent of the Perth property market boom - I presume that you are' all looking at my house's old photos when it has achieved its initial/basic Practical Completion Stage at the end of 2005 as I have yet to post the picture of the house after its recent Final Completion, whereby front landscaping has been completed.

2. Yes, I am still awaiting more funds for the loan uptending to fully furnish up the entire house both internally and externally as I have just shifted there to stay in the house and in the midst of setting up my Perth home-office there.

3. Please allow me some time to settle in/down before I get the latest house photos posted onto the web-site.

4. For your kind update, please.

5. Thank you.

regards,
Kenneth KOH

Back