Dishwasher cleaning out cat food and moss

I've spent hours trying to clean out. It started off looking and smelling like fresh cat food but now a mossy type cat food is coming out. I've done about 7 cycles and it's still coming out. It's an Electrolux dishlex. Does anyone know if I can remove the door or easily remove the rubber or how to give it a good clean? It seems to be coming out of a rubber that goes up into the door of the dishwasher. Every time I splash water under it more goop comes out so I'm thinking it must be quite a long rubber that goes a fair way under the door.

Toothbrush and bicarb soda for a good scrub along the rubber seals.

Then throw some bicarb into the powder dispenser and put on a cycle.

BTW I'm not sure I could ever eat off anything cleaned in that dishwasher. I'd be walking away from it now.

Thread summary shows as "Dishwasher cleaning out cat", was hoping for some tips on washing my cats in the dishwasher :(

I've spent hours trying to clean out. It started off looking and smelling like fresh cat food but now a mossy type cat food is coming out. I've done about 7 cycles and it's still coming out. It's an Electrolux dishlex. Does anyone know if I can remove the door or easily remove the rubber or how to give it a good clean? It seems to be coming out of a rubber that goes up into the door of the dishwasher. Every time I splash water under it more goop comes out so I'm thinking it must be quite a long rubber that goes a fair way under the door.

Also put a cup of white vinegar in the bottom of the dishwasher. Let bicarb soda (placed in dispenser) and vinegar sit in there for about an hour and then run it.

It works, both eliminate odors and will clean out the inside and racks as well.

Cheers, MTR

BTW I'm not sure I could ever eat off anything cleaned in that dishwasher. I'd be walking away from it now.

Joys of renting out your house for two years. The whole house is disguisting so can't just walk away. Took me two days of scrubbing before my kids would move in. Add to that some of my pets have now got mange mites. Just gotta keep thinking thank goodness last lot of tenants left when they did. Now some other poor sucker has them as tenants. Choked on the chocolates they left me. :rolleyes: And the tenants before them where just as grotty.
Gotta love the PM's I chose too and the tenants not having to pay or clean up after themselves. Another month of scrubbing and it should all be behind me. Wouldn't do it again in a hurry!!

Here's a pic of dishwasher - will try suggestions but I really think it needs to be dismantled. Replacing is out of the question - just about everything in house is damaged and a lot needs replacing but don't have funds to replace everything/anything.

Attachments

• IMG_2839.jpg
    IMG_2839.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2835.jpg
    IMG_2835.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 89
Dear Mrs Investor

Does the dishlex have a filter in the bottom of it you can lift out and scrub in a bucket?

I found our German one had this system, just take each piece out and try to remember where all the bits went.
Also, the hoses that attach to the drain, detach those with a screwdriver, take your chop stick ( or long implement of your choice) and shove it down the pipe, hopefully it will come out the other end ( covered in cat food goop:eek:)
The rubber seals may be perished and need replacing, you can buy these parts from the wholesalers, I think

I hope this helps
Seaford Sunshine

Joys of renting out your house for two years. The whole house is disguisting so can't just walk away. Took me two days of scrubbing before my kids would move in. Add to that some of my pets have now got mange mites. Just gotta keep thinking thank goodness last lot of tenants left when they did. Now some other poor sucker has them as tenants. Choked on the chocolates they left me. :rolleyes: And the tenants before them where just as grotty.
Gotta love the PM's I chose too and the tenants not having to pay or clean up after themselves. Another month of scrubbing and it should all be behind me. Wouldn't do it again in a hurry!!

Here's a pic of dishwasher - will try suggestions but I really think it needs to be dismantled. Replacing is out of the question - just about everything in house is damaged and a lot needs replacing but don't have funds to replace everything/anything.
And Landlords have angst over whether to allow their tenants to have pets?.....

It's the humans you have to worry about.

We're supposed to be a species moving towards a better version of ourselves - it ain't happening, folks.

The skanks are reproducing faster than the educated and intelligent folk at a rate of about 10 to 1, methinks.

Hello, and commiserations

Landlord's insurance company?

I know you are way too much of a lady to call Channel 7 but we might still like to see your amazing ex-PM squirm. A short letter from your solicitor perhaps?

I second the "never eating off anything from that dishwasher again" scenario.

I have spent countless hours already wasting my time with PM's so now I'm just trying to focus on cleaning up the mess. I used two property managers, one lot are forum members so I'm sure they've squirmed enough. Because both of them did stuff like ok the entry and exit reports I wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court or through insurance. At the moment I'm only corresponding with pm enough to get some answers and provide proof for tax just in case I am able to claim any repairs/replacement. It also appears that they got some carpets cleaned, not all of them? My bedroom curtains are completely covered in cat hair. Gross! And broken of course. The dishwasher is one of the cleaner things! I did pay for a professional cleaner to come through part of the house about a year ago too!

And Landlords have angst over whether to allow their tenants to have pets?.....

It's the humans you have to worry about.

We're supposed to be a species moving towards a better version of ourselves - it ain't happening, folks.

The skanks are reproducing faster than the educated and intelligent folk at a rate of about 10 to 1, methinks.

I am getting tempted to change to 'no pets allowed'.

That's made my day! I can claim the expenses of bringing back my property to a hygienic and habitable standard plus the PM's negligence. Dave - you can pick up the dishwasher to wash your cats in.

Ewww, I don't even wash my cat's bowls with the same sponge!!

Can you remove the filter easily? Most come out.

I'm taking my accountants advice that if it's full of cat food it could be full of other unhygienic stuff and not worth the health risk of pulling apart and only replacing bits. Considering they had two dogs as well as a cat and snuck in at least one rabbit that died I'm going with replace the lot.

Maybe instead of refusing pets..go with the PMs when they do exit reports.

Have I said lately...I hate tenants :)
it probably would have been easier to just self manage! It's quite time consuming flying bris to Perth return. We did a few trips and we started to self-manage a Perth property from bris so it was more important to fly over for that and fly over at start of leases and to check on expensive repairs but quite difficult to attend every major event.

One jiffy and jerry of petrol - whooooosh!

Great idea!

I'm taking my accountants advice that if it's full of cat food it could be full of other unhygienic stuff and not worth the health risk of pulling apart and only replacing bits. Considering they had two dogs as well as a cat and snuck in at least one rabbit that died I'm going with replace the lot.

Sounds like a very good plan!

Back