Do you like the new realestate.com.au website look?

Do you like the new realestate.com.au website look?

• Absolutely amazing, long overdue!

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Yes

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • Neither here nor there...

Votes: 15 12.8%
  • No

Votes: 68 58.1%
  • Looks like something I spewed up!

Votes: 14 12.0%
  • I hate polls.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Biggles,

Thought it was just our computer where the 'sort by' field was dodgy! Sometimes works, sometimes nothing happens.

Sometimes I have updated the suburb & the results still show the old suburb I was looking in.

All the P.O.A.'s are giving me the pip...why even have them on there? There's so many I can't work out even an estimate of a price range.

Too many fonts all over the page....my eyes hurt.

That's my rant, thanks for listening :)

Firefox with adblock gets rid of most ads.

Some extra filters to create.

To get rid of "what the locals think" box, make a filter with this:
##*#ruiStackStreetAdvisor

to get rid of the image carousel feature box, under the "what the locals think" box
##*#consider

some cleaners
##*#adCont
##*#offers
##*#skyscraper

to stop search data being sent to market research companies, make a filter for each of these:
http://www.omniture.com
*//au.effectivemeasure.net/*
*//au-cdn.effectivemeasure.net/*
*//secure-au.imrworldwide.com/*

click the option "collapse blocked elements"

Last edited:
How do you search by region? as in "north west" only or "south east" only. I above the suburb list it has search by suburb or REGION, but i cant find any regions except the state listings?

It's acknowledged they've removed the map region search function.
The best you can do is click a state, then hold ctrl while you click a few of the burbs you are interested in, and tick "include surrounding suburbs"

Is it also no longer possible to search by exact number of bedrooms? I can only see options for 2+, 3+ etc. If this is the case it makes it very difficult to gauge stock of a particular configuration in an area.

Has anyone figured out how to "cancel" properties out of your saved properties?

I click cancel but nothing happens!!

Hate is such a strong word, but I do HATE the new site and rarely use it any more.

With this new website, the "Price (Low to High)" sorting function does not work for me, however, all the other sorting options are OK. Anyone have any thoughts on why this might be? :confused: From the comments on this thread, it looks like I'm not the only one with this problem!

With this new website, the "Price (Low to High)" sorting function does not work for me, however, all the other sorting options are OK. Anyone have any thoughts on why this might be? :confused: From the comments on this thread, it looks like I'm not the only one with this problem!

Works fine for me in IE and FF. Do a few more searches of different suburbs.

As a test, sort them low-high, then change it to high-low and see if the order changes. Some searches have so many POAs, Submit Offers, Negotiation, that it's hard to know at first glance whether sorting has worked.

Works fine for me in IE and FF. Do a few more searches of different suburbs.

As a test, sort them low-high, then change it to high-low and see if the order changes. Some searches have so many POAs, Submit Offers, Negotiation, that it's hard to know at first glance whether sorting has worked.

Well, wouldn't you know it! It has decided to work for me now, after struggling for the problem for a week. I have a theory. If you ever have an IT problem, post the issue on a public forum, and the issue will mysteriously sort itself out! :eek: Thanks for the help though, WW.

Is it also no longer possible to search by exact number of bedrooms? I can only see options for 2+, 3+ etc. If this is the case it makes it very difficult to gauge stock of a particular configuration in an area.

agree that annoys the hell out of me, what were they thinking

Ah, this problem is common with this style of selection box (you may have noticed on ebay if you use it). The secret is, you have to wait until the page is fully loaded before you select a new option. I'd say in 99% of cases, this will fix the problem...:D

Back